Does ESET startup as soon as I login? It takes 5-8 seconds for the splash to show.

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

14 hours ago, Marcos said:

Ekrn and drivers are loaded prior to gui itself

Why not loading all at the same time ,or GUI prior to that to create the feeling that "I am protected"????

• Administrators
6 hours ago, total said:

Why not loading all at the same time ,or GUI prior to that to create the feeling that "I am protected"????

Windows itself starts a handful of services before Windows GUI appears. ESET must start ekrn as early as possible to keep your computer protected, not only after Windows gui loads.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

before Windows GUI appears

Hello,

I was talking about ESET GUI not Windows GUI.

If users feel more confident seeing the ESET icon appearing as soon as possible , why not????

• Most Valued Members
22 hours ago, total said:

Problem is if Eset GUI and drivers loaded at the same time they would have to wait for windows GUI first.

By loading eset services and stuff before the Windows GUI has loaded, eset is protecting you from the start. If it waited for the Eset GUI it would potentially put the user at risk.

I presume some stuff will have more priority. Not sure if it could be quickened though or if that would cause delays