(after upgrade) Nod32 15,x,x,x it slows mine down too much my notebook

I was I used the nod32 antivirus 5 then I tried version 8 (always trial) because I need an antivirus to evaluate and then to buy but I noticed there no way to dnt upgrade to nod32 15,x,x,x and that slows mine down too much my notebook so I have two options:

1) finde another antivrus lighter

2) Change my notebook and netbook (but that will sound strange)

I understand that the technology evolves but I also understand that if the nod32 servers are the same, if the antivirus definitions are the same, the protection is always the same and excellent so there is no reason to "force" the update to a higher version taht is to heavy and slow down computers (in this case my notebook and netbok both with windws 7 one haves 4 gb ram and the netbook 2 gb ram)

There is a solution without change antivirus or hardware?

Edited by helen2

• Administrators

Does pausing protection make a difference in terms of performance? Anyways, if it's a 32-bit system (especially that with 2 GB of RAM) you may encounter problems allocating memory since it's too little for nowadays applications. The memory is extensively used and thus gets too fragmented, with little consecutive space for allocation during the compilation of modules.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does pausing protection make a difference in terms of performance? Anyways, if it's a 32-bit system (especially that with 2 GB of RAM) you may encounter problems allocating memory since it's too little for nowadays applications. The memory is extensively used and thus gets too fragmented, with little consecutive space for allocation during the compilation of modules.

Yes and olso old versin make the different that is why I asked if est any solution t use a nod32 product r I cant use /buy it 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, helen2 said:

Yes and olso old versin make the different that is why I asked if est any solution t use a nod32 product r I cant use /buy it 

So is it update which is failing due to insufficient memory or you are having performance issues? If the latter, does pausing protection make a difference?

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

So is it update which is failing due to insufficient memory or you are having performance issues? If the latter, does pausing protection make a difference?

I found the problem but not the solution I install the ESET Antivirus  15.0.18.0 (I get all files in c:\Program\Eset/ESET Antivirus but olso if I disablet upgrade version I be frced t upgrade to version 15.0.21.0 and I will get a new/different folder c:\Program\ESET\  ESET Security and after my computer begins to be slow.

cant decide t have a light ESET version 

Edited by helen2

• Administrators

Try the following:
- uninstall ESET
- make sure that the ESET Uninstall tool doesn't detect ESET installed, otherwise choose to remove it (run the tool twice to make sure)
- install v15 from scratch with default settings (do not change any setting yet)

Let us know if the problem persist. If so, does pausing real-time protection make a difference? If not, what about temporarily disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine? Note that this is just to narrow the issue down.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Try the following:
- uninstall ESET
- make sure that the ESET Uninstall tool doesn't detect ESET installed, otherwise choose to remove it (run the tool twice to make sure)
- install v15 from scratch with default settings (do not change any setting yet)

Let us know if the problem persist. If so, does pausing real-time protection make a difference? If not, what about temporarily disabling HIPS and rebooting the machine? Note that this is just to narrow the issue down.

HIPS s disabled Dse exist a version ONLY antivirus of ESEt nod 32 that I can try and that doesn't force me to install anything against my will and evaluate if I can buy it? (No internt security just antivirus)

Edited by helen2

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, helen2 said:

HIPS s disabled Dse exist a version ONLY antivirus of ESEt nod 32 that I can try and that doesn't force me to install anything against my will and evaluate if I can buy it? (No internt security just antivirus)

Not sure if I got the question right but nod32 is just the AV version

You can download the latest the latest 32 bit version of NOD32 here: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products

17 hours ago, helen2 said:

I install the ESET Antivirus  15.0.18.0 (I get all files in c:\Program\Eset/ESET Antivirus but olso if I disablet upgrade version I be frced t upgrade to version 15.0.21.0 and I will get a new/different folder c:\Program\ESET\  ESET Security and after my computer begins to be slow.

This doesn't make any sense. If NOD32 auto upgrades to ver. 15.0.21, the upgrade will be performed in the directories where ver. 15.0.18 was originally installed in.

• ESET Insiders
2 minutes ago, itman said:

You can download the latest the latest 32 bit version of NOD32 here: https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885-download-and-install-eset-offline-or-install-older-versions-of-eset-products

This doesn't make any sense. If NOD32 auto upgrades to ver. 15.0.21, the upgrade will be performed in the directories where ver. 15.0.18 was originally installed in.

It does make sense, this process started with Version 8 on Win 7, that's the reason the folder structure/naming difference is occurring.

16 minutes ago, NewbyUser said:

It does make sense, this process started with Version 8 on Win 7, that's the reason the folder structure/naming difference is occurring.

My understanding is OP states he downloaded and installed ver. 15.1.18. Eset installed in C:\Program\Eset\ESET Antivirus directory. If this is indeed the case, any in-product upgrade to ver. 15.0.21 will install in the same directory.

If OP is overriding the NOD32 installation directory - don't know if that is even possible - then his described in-product upgrade behavior result might be possible. It is also possible the result is he is running two installed versions of NOD32. Hence, a significant system performance degradation. 

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders
On 12/26/2021 at 5:09 AM, helen2 said:

I was I used the nod32 antivirus 5 then I tried version 8 (always trial) because I need an antivirus to evaluate and then to buy but I noticed there no way to dnt upgrade to nod32 15,x,x,x and that slows mine down too much my notebook so I have two options

30 minutes ago, itman said:

My understanding is OP states he downloaded and installed ver. 15.1.18. Eset installed in C:\Program\Eset\ESET Antivirus directory. If this is indeed the case, any in-product upgrade to ver. 15.0.21 will install in the same directory.

If OP is overriding the NOD32 installation directory - don't know if that is even possible - then his described in-product upgrade behavior result might be possible. It is also possible the result is he is running two installed versions of NOD32. Hence, a significant system performance degradation. 

She installed Ver 8 and it keeps updating to the latest version, which is where the problem comes in. What she needs is the latest version that supports Win 7, which is 10 or 11 I believe, I'm not sure which.

Edited by NewbyUser