Excessive Memory Usage

Hey all,

I've noticed lately that ESET has been using a ridiculous amount of memory lately. Sometimes it exceeds 11GB. I've tried restarting many times, I've fully shut down my computer and waited ten minutes, and I've reinstalled ESET. Anyone know what I can do about this?

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- uninstall ESET
- install the latest version 14.2.24 from scratch using default settings
- enable memory tracing in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- reboot the computer
- when you observe ekrn.exe taking up more memory than usual (let's say more than 500 MB), generate an ekrn dump via advanced setup Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector, upload the generated archive to a safe location and drop me a private message with a download link.

• 1 month later...

i am also having this issue. it was up to 6gb of ram.
then i enabled the logging feature above and instantly it went to 100mb ram. without rebooting.

also recently from an update, it seems i cant use banking now without live grid enabled. 

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, 007dave said:

also recently from an update, it seems i cant use banking now without live grid enabled. 

That's weird. Do you get an error when you attempt to launch the secure browser through the desktop icon? How does the issue manifest?

On 8/31/2021 at 6:08 AM, Marcos said:

Please carry on as follows:
- uninstall ESET
- install the latest version 14.2.24 from scratch using default settings
- enable memory tracing in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- reboot the computer
- when you observe ekrn.exe taking up more memory than usual (let's say more than 500 MB), generate an ekrn dump via advanced setup Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector, upload the generated archive to a safe location and drop me a private message with a download link.

Hi Marcos

I find I am suffering from the same issue, but under v15.0.16.0. Currently 2.5GB of memory is showing as being consumed by ESET Service (2). I am therefore following the instructions that you provided above and should I notice a similar occurrence post reboot I will generate a dump & collect logs for upload.

Regards, Baldrick

PS:  as 007Dave stated "then i enabled the logging feature above and instantly it went to 100mb ram. without rebooting." except in my case the 2.5GB dropped to 67MB.