Client Agents not updating from 7.0.577.0 to 7.1.717.0 with

I am trying to push out an update to all my agents that are not on the latest version. I am attempting to do this via a client task in the management console with the task "Security Management Center Components Upgrade". The task will either immediately fail or run forever. I let one instance run for over two hours just to be sure. Is there currently an issue updating agents via this method?

• Marcos locked and unlocked this topic
2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

What version of Endpoint do you have installed?

All of the clients I am attempting to update are on version 7.3.2032.0.

• Administrators

Could you try temporarily disabling self-defense in Endpoint, reboot the machine and try again? As of Endpoint 7.3, we've made big changes under the hood in preparation for a Windows 10 update which may cause issues with communication between ekrn and the agent during upgrade and a new ESMC agent will be needed (7.2 has not been released yet).

32 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Could you try temporarily disabling self-defense in Endpoint, reboot the machine and try again? As of Endpoint 7.3, we've made big changes under the hood in preparation for a Windows 10 update which may cause issues with communication between ekrn and the agent during upgrade and a new ESMC agent will be needed (7.2 has not been released yet).

That seems to have done it, much appreciated. Any ETA on when we can expect 7.2?

This is working for me now after the latest update to 7.2.1266.0 

Edited by robg

• Administrators

1, Endpoint 7.2 was not affected.
2, We have already released a workaround for the issue in the HIPS module 1391.1.

• ESET Staff
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

1, Endpoint 7.2 was not affected.
2, We have already released a workaround for the issue in the HIPS module 1391.1.

Also this issue is not present in case ESMC Agent 7.2 is used, as mentioned in previous comment.