ESET File Security for Linux 7 BETA signup

• ESET Moderators

Dear Linux community,

We’ve been working on the new generation of our solution for Linux servers for quite a while.

The hard work of the development and QA team was materialized into the first BETA version, which we would like to share with you.

If you are interested in getting a copy and chance to get hands on experience with it, just leave a comment here or send me (@Peter Randziak) and @TomasP a private message.

We are looking forward to your participation.

Hi guys.

I'm glad to hear that the beta version of linux sec has appeared, we have some problems and issues with it and I would like to look at the beta version.

Thanks!

• Most Valued Members

Is it possible to test it within a desktop environment that do use Ubuntu ? , instead of the troubling v4 with AppArmor :(

It should run the same , I think it would be far improvement than the old-dated v4 , and they are both work in the same way I think , they are only scanners , same as v4 , but alteast File Security should be up-to date.

I'm tired of AppArmor and V4 ..:unsure:

Edited by Rami

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

@opa-pro pleasure is on our side, I will send you the details via PM in a few moments

@Rami thank you for your interest, however it is a product designed for file servers, are you sure you want to run it on a desktop? :-)

Regards, P.R.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys I have a Slackware 64 14.2 version to test on.  I'm hoping this version is pure 64 bit now since the old version required loading of the 32 bit glibc?  I can make a multilib environment if needed.  But since I'm familiar with the Nod32 for Linux v4.09 I'm more than happy to test this version on Slackware.  My environment is mixed Linux and Windows10.   Thanks

Hi folks, we use Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora Red Hat Linux Server, and are looking for a Reasonable Solution for our Clouds, as well as VServer our customers. It would be nice if we could get an insight into the beta.

Thank you for your effort

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i am testing 7.0 beta

I got everything installed up and running but i have some issues

1. I got from Eset support that i need to change password for Root: sudo passwd root

That is working but i cant log in with putty with root (Not a big problem)

2. I need to set a password for Gui to secure then i tried 
sudo ./setgui with parameters
-g, --gen-password Generate new password
-p, --password=PASSWORD Set new password
i cannot get that to work
Error:
ESET File Security BETA Error: Cannot change GUI configuration: Failed to set values, path Settings.Plugins.Authd.Simple.Password status 1

3. Then my biggest problem i cant get file scanning to work with Icap on our Sharefile Citrix server
On 4.5 i used icap://server/av_scan or icap://server/avscan and set ICAP Service path /av_scan
I cant find this option in 7.0 so i dont now what to use for "url of the icap response modification server"
What i found in the manual  is icap://X.X.X.X:1344/scan but that is not working
I tried:
icap://server:port/avscan
icap://server:port/av_scan
icap://server:port/scan
icap://server:port/

Response: Valid. ICAP Version: "9bbaaa9e9422800c-25995375"

and get respond that Icap server answering but Icap server not scanning any files

Hi Peter,

I was on a training yesterday and the teacher recommended this to me. Would it be possible to test. Thank you

Best Regards
markice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter,

I would like to apply as a tester of the new version for linux. Can you include me in the group?
Thank you.
Best regards.

Andrés

• 2 months later...