Why The Facebook, Google and Twitter logins ?

esset

3 hours ago, esset said:

While I wouldn't expect Eset to share data with those companies, it does raise questions.

What data do you know is being shared?

Edited by TomFace

I don´t ! I´m just saying, it raises question.

I have never had a Facebook, Google or Twitter account in my entire life ! All for the sake of ´convenience´ ?? I just associate those ´platforms´ with invasions of privacy.

16 hours ago, esset said:

I have never had a Facebook, Google or Twitter account in my entire life ! All for the sake of ´convenience´ ?? I just associate those ´platforms´ with invasions of privacy.

I do not work for ESET, but I am sure ESET's Leadership/Management decided to make it easier for (silly) folks who use social media to access their website.

I think it's called business and accessibility.

I, as well, have never had a social media account and never intend to (because for me they are useless and a security risk). So I do not criticize what I do not know/understand.

So, if you have concerns, please spell it out so we can all understand. 

Just because you and I are not using something that others use, does not make them bad or wrong.

50 years ago, convenience, in the USA, was having a milkman who delivered on your block so you did not have to go to a store or a dairy.

Best regards.

Edited by TomFace

10 hours ago, esset said:

Most of the time it is used for accessibility.

Users can choose whether to sign in via their social media profiles to make it easier to sign up.

Also, I'm pretty sure that when you login via these portals, the social media site will tell you what information is being shared. I know this happens with facebook as it will say something like "This won't let the application post to your timeline" or "This will allow *application* to see your date of birth and email address" or something along those lines.

I use Facebook a lot for my business and if a user wants their business account to be associated with ESET then I'm guessing this is what the social media sign in options are for.