Issues with upgrade to 11.2.49.0

System: Windows7 pro 64 bit. Fully updated with all security updates but not all 'improvements'. Custom made system, bought around 2010 or so. System model    DH55TC__

I probably noticed the offer when I was manually checking for updates, not sure.

Issues: the Eset software menu (?) stated that a restart of the computer was required. Clicking that option in the product didn't work. I tried a restart from the Windows system itself (button lower left corner in screen). That went very, very sluggish at best. I had plenty of time to start and check the task manager ... Eventually, a restart. Then the message that it was trying to register with the Windows security center or something of the sort. I could wait for a long time. Eventually, I did a manual update, and I got some update definitions (??). Now it APPEARS fine. No more statement about it needing to register with the Windows system/security center ??

But I'm not quite comfortable with this, considering the update process. Please consider this my feedback, and is it really ready ?

For now, I'll go back to a previous image. Obviously, the same thing could happen if I did the same thing again.

• Administrators

I've upgraded from v11.1.54 to v11.2.49 without issues. After upgrade, I clicked the link to restart the computer and a restart was actually carried out. As for the message "waiting to register with the WSC", it's reported when the Security Center service is not running. On certain systems it can take several minutes for the process to start.

'After upgrade, I clicked the link to restart the computer and a restart was actually carried out' Not on my computer.

'"waiting to register with the WSC"' that happened after the manual restart (start button left corner screen). I had that (Eset menu only) for a number of minutes after the computer was fully operational. Finally, I decided to do a manual update and that disappeared.

I can't say I feel comfortable with that version and I'd like to hold off for now.

Is there an estimated date for the release of version 12 ?

13 hours ago, esset said:

'After upgrade, I clicked the link to restart the computer and a restart was actually carried out' Not on my computer.

'"waiting to register with the WSC"' that happened after the manual restart (start button left corner screen). I had that (Eset menu only) for a number of minutes after the computer was fully operational. Finally, I decided to do a manual update and that disappeared.

I can't say I feel comfortable with that version and I'd like to hold off for now.

October.

• ESET Insiders
14 hours ago, esset said:

There is no exact date.

Strange. It seems I'm currently at version 11.2.49.0

I did not do a manual product upgrade for as far as I know.I didn't have the issue mentioned in the first post in this thread.

Has this been 'fixed' somehow ?

23 minutes ago, esset said:

Strange. It seems I'm currently at version 11.2.49.0

I did not do a manual product upgrade for as far as I know.I didn't have the issue mentioned in the first post in this thread.

Has this been 'fixed' somehow ?

If you had pre-release updates enabled that's probably how you got 11.2.49.0 if you did not manually pursue it.

As far as v12 is concerned, it will be released when ESET deems it ready. No one has a firm date for v12.

If you wish to go back to an older ESET version see https://support.eset.com/kb2885/

Edited by TomFace

I don´t think I had pre/releases enabled. I´d have to check.

Anyway, earlier today I encountered some kidn of bug which led to the computer booting and errors on the BIOS screen, if I recall correctly. Not sure if that was the update, the heat or something else. Since I had disabled the restore points I restored an image.

Now I´m at 11.1.54.0, after attempting to update. I don´t recall if I requested a product upgrade, I think I saw something like that. Now, many hours later and after a reboot I´m at this version. Manual updates do not trigger a product update. Last succesful update at 21:04:27 or 9:04 PM this evening. Not really a complaint, I don´t know what´s going on.

Looking around in the ´advanced setup´ menu and clearing the cache fixed the issue. Now I have the new version, no problems thus far.

Question:

Will the program be updated automatically to this version or do I have to do a manual search?

Because I'm still in version 11.1.54.0 and I have not had any notification to update EIS.

17 hours ago, Hijin25 said:

Question:

Will the program be updated automatically to this version or do I have to do a manual search?

Because I'm still in version 11.1.54.0 and I have not had any notification to update EIS.

Hello Hijin25.

v11.2.49.0 was released 7.17.18, so I would imagine you should see something through the update/upgrade feature in EIS within the next week (or so). But that is just my educated guess. You can always go to https://support.eset.com/kb2476/ to get the latest version, as per https://forum.eset.com/topic/16091-eset-windows-home-products-version-112490-have-been-released/

Best regards.

Edited by TomFace

22 hours ago, TomFace said:

Hello Hijin25.

v11.2.49.0 was released 7.17.18, so I would imagine you should see something through the update/upgrade feature in EIS within the next week (or so). But that is just my educated guess. You can always go to https://support.eset.com/kb2476/ to get the latest version, as per https://forum.eset.com/topic/16091-eset-windows-home-products-version-112490-have-been-released/

Best regards.

Thank you very much for your reply. Today came the update notice. Everything in order for the moment.