ESET Endpoint Security Push install by direct package URL Not working

ESET Endpoint Security Push install by direct package URL fails each time on the new ESMC console (file://\\Esetlab2\eesv7\ees_nt64_enu.msi) for both version 6.6 and version 6.5.

Any information on how to trouble shoot this ?

• Administrators

I will try to find out. 3 slashes are actually used to point to a file on a local disk so I was wrong.

• ESET Staff

Is there any relevant error after failed installation? Most common issue when using network share is that permissions for LOCAL_SYSTEM account are required to access network share.

• ESET Staff

Is there any other security solution (ESET / NON ESET) running there? Isn´t there a pending restart on the machine?

+1

I see the same issue using file:// and file:/// syntax,

ESMC 7.0.550.0

2018-07-13 14:54:52 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 22a4]: Software installation failed: boost::filesystem::status: (0x5), Access is denied: "file://\\vm-gb-srv\share\ees_nt64_ENU.msi"

The share is accessible via the local machine and has SYSTEM added in share and NTFS permissions.

It works fine with a local path.

Granting the computer read permissions on the share resolved the issue for me.

https://help.eset.com/esmc_admin/70/en-US/client_tasks_software_install.html?zoom_highlightsub=direct+url

1.Add an Active Directory computer account on the computer executing the task (for example NewComputer$).

2.Grant Read permissions to NewComputer$ by right-clicking the folder where installers are located and selecting Properties > Sharing > Share from the context menu. Note that the "$" symbol needs to be present at the end of the computer name string.

Installation from a shared location is only possible if the client machine is in a domain.