Waiting to be REGISTERED

SeanR

Hey!
I just brought ESET NOD32 antivirus. When I was done installing the antivirus and the updates itself there is a message that keeps bothering me which was "We are waiting to be registered with the Windows Security Center".  How do I fix this? or how do I register ESET on Windows Security Center? I read the other forum about this, but sadly it still shows up when I applied what was told and yes I restarted my system a couple of times. What I did was to set Security Center Service on "Automatic" and to force Gpupadate.msc  but it did no good. So I was hoping on getting some help here since i'm new to all these tech stuff.

ESET.png

IMG_0194.JPG

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Is the Security Center service actually running?

Yes, its actually running.

File.png

• Administrators

Is it the latest version 11.1.54 that you have installed? Have you tried uninstalling it and installing it from scratch so that re-registration to WSC is attempted?

As a last resort, you can try rebuilding the WMI repository as per https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2009/04/13/wmi-rebuilding-the-wmi-repository/.

• 1 month later...

This message continues to appear occasionally when I started my pc.

There is no information about what causes this behavior?

I have noticed on some slower machines that this process can take a minute or two to complete.

After a restart & letting it sit for a while and returning to it later, I've seen it complete.

If this isn't the case you could always try logging into a new profile to test if there is profile corruption.

Thank you very much for your response, although I doubt very much that there is any corruption of the profile, since it happens in all 3 pcs in which I have installed ESET. And it does not always happen, it happens sporadically, it can take three or four days without the message appearing and suddenly when you start the pc you get that.

And it seems to be only from version 11, with 10 it does not show up.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Hijin25 said:

And it seems to be only from version 11, with 10 it does not show up.

The problem had been there even before, it's just that we didn't notify about it. As a result, it could happen that Windows Defender ran simultaneously and the user didn't have any indication about issues in ESET's gui.

I'd recommend contacting customer care so that the case is properly tracked and can be looked into by developers.

I too have run into the same issue of late....maybe 1 out of 10 start-ups. Will track it and open a ticket if it persists.

The first thing that should be done when this Eset GUI message appears is to open Win's Control Panel. Then verify if Eset has indeed been registered as noted by the below screen shot.

Also in Win 10, does the Windows Defender Security Center icon located on the right hand side of the lower desktop toolbar appear? If so, does it have a red "X" symbol on top or a green checkmark symbol? If a red "X" symbol initially appears, does it eventually turn to a green checkmark symbol?

Eset_SM.thumb.png.92936ede5df8cafd9e0c83e5833024fb.png

• ESET Staff

Perhaps I can give some insight into this.

@TomFace Occasionally, the Security Center service can take some time to initialize after a reboot (I've noticed it can take slightly longer after updates). I've personally seen this range from 30 seconds up to nearly 15 minutes. As long as the service isn't running, we are are in the "waiting to register state". This is why despite how many times you may restart, you will still see this issue, as each reboot means the service will have to start again. That is also why occasionally after reboots (relating to your 1 out of 10 mention).

There is also the other scenario, in which case I can see from the initial poster's image, that we are in the process of updating. Once the update is done, and as long as the security center service is running, registration should be fine and the message should disappear.

If the issue is still occurring with the two above scenarios out of the way, I suggest putting in a ticket so we developers can take a look at it.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Perhaps I can give some insight into this.

@TomFace Occasionally, the Security Center service can take some time to initialize after a reboot (I've noticed it can take slightly longer after updates). I've personally seen this range from 30 seconds up to nearly 15 minutes. As long as the service isn't running, we are are in the "waiting to register state". This is why despite how many times you may restart, you will still see this issue, as each reboot means the service will have to start again. That is also why occasionally after reboots (relating to your 1 out of 10 mention).

There is also the other scenario, in which case I can see from the initial poster's image, that we are in the process of updating. Once the update is done, and as long as the security center service is running, registration should be fine and the message should disappear.

If the issue is still occurring with the two above scenarios out of the way, I suggest putting in a ticket so we developers can take a look at it.

Thank you Shane for the information. It is appreciated. At this time it's only a minor (on occasion) inconvenience and I will be monitoring it.

I do make a habit of checking Windows (in this case 7) Security Center to be sure all is well. 

Thanks again & best regards.

Tom

P.S....welcome to the Forum!;)

Edited by TomFace