Hello: I've had a few problems with sites not loading correctly recently mainly 'co.uk' ones - After some messing around I found it was Admuncher - On the Admuncher forum a workaround that was suggested by the developer for another user with similar issues on the 'Page Damage' section to 'Disable HTTP Checking' in Eset as a workaround - As this breaks some functions of Eset I'm reluctant to do this - Has anyone else had problems with Admuncher & Eset? I have also posted a similar post on the Admuncher forum BTW - Any info would be helpful.

Thanks... Paul

Read about it on their forum but cannot use AM for now as does not work on IE11 with default enhanced protection mode and never did work for HTTPS sites which are more common now.

He is taking far too long with this promise v5.0 TBH.

5.x has been a while coming I agree  :D  @ the moment I'm not running AM as the issues I mentioned are problematic & this PC does some livelier on the net without it - Thanks for replying!

This is a bug in eset since the very 1st beta of v7. I had reported it several times over the beta time and even exactly what it was doing and how to reproduce it and the site it manly causes problems on and it still not fixed.

Thanks for the info, I'll abandon Admuncher at least until v 5 arrives - I was unaware of the issues with IE11 anyway mainly due to not spending much time on forums lately.

Regards .. Paul 

This is a bug in eset since the very 1st beta of v7. I had reported it several times over the beta time and even exactly what it was doing and how to reproduce it and the site it manly causes problems on and it still not fixed.

Nice to see how ESET not fixed bugs which appeared six months ago

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

we will need some extra help.

We have fully updated Win 7 x64 machine , includes IE 11 incl. updates , and installed AdMuncher newest version with default settings and we are not experiencing any issues.

Could you please provide us with SysInspector log from your system.

Does the issue persist if you disable protocol filtering?

Thanks Peter.... If you need to know exactly how or any help in reproducement of the problem let me know. Deviant art, WoW site and even eset are a few goods sites to do the testing on. 

wow. Deviant art works fine. I mean I got blank page at first attempt

P.S. My System is Windows 8 64-bit and Internet Explorer 10. Too bad I can't help you with SysInspector because I don't have free workstation to tests.

Edited by carradar

Hello,

we will need some extra help.

We have fully updated Win 7 x64 machine , includes IE 11 incl. updates , and installed AdMuncher newest version with default settings and we are not experiencing any issues.

Could you please provide us with SysInspector log from your system.

Does the issue persist if you disable protocol filtering?

Admuncher has issues with IE 11, try using IE 10

The issue between Admuncher and SmartSecurity is random. Most websites appear OK, however sometimes a webpage will not load. Disabling of  HTTP Checking enables the page to load every time.

Recently I had the issue with www.macrumors.com , www.tripadvisor.co.uk .. and a few other sites

The issue is mentioned on the Admuncher forums hxxp://forum.admuncher.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18191 (on page 3 of the thread)

Edited by Weety

• 1 month later...

Platform: Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit.
Browsers used to test: Firefox 26.0 - Google Chrome 32.0.1700.76 m
Software involved: Eset Smart Security 7.0.302.26 - Ad Muncher 4.93.33707

Same problem here with latest ESET Smart Security version 7.0.302.26. After being testing it during last few days, I can say the bug is still present in this version and hasn't been solved yet.

As a workaround, as mentioned above, if I disable 'HTTP Checking' in ESS advanced settings, then I can browse normally with websites loading properly. However, every time I re-enable that feature, I have problems with webpages loading just partially or, even, not loading at all on both Firefox and Chrome browers.

If it isn't solved within next weeks, I will have to downgrade to version 6, which doesn't have such problem, or give it a try to other security suites, I guess, as Ad Muncher, for me, is a must have. :P

I hope developers can solve it as soon as possible. ;)

PS: By the way, on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, ESS 6.0.316.1 and same "Ad Muncher" version don't present any conflict with each other so it's indeed an ESET side issue.

Edited by NextGen

• Administrators

Some time ago, somebody confirmed that the problem with AdMuncher was fixed for him with Internet protection module 1097. Please check the list of installed modules and make sure you have this version installed.

If you can reproduce the issue with Internet protection module 1097 at any time, we'll ask for further logs from your machine.

Thanks Marcos for your fast reply.

I've been checking what you suggested about the list of installed modules and yes, for Internet Protection Module, it's using '1097 (2013-12-16)' update, so it seems like the bug persists.

I've left a screenshot with info of all modules:

post-2791-0-19053100-1390233984_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem as NextGen, and have EAV 7.0.302.26 (virus signature database 9360) but my Internet Module is only "Internet protection module: 1085 (20131011)"

I've tried "Check for Updates" etc... and it says it's up to date.

I'm not sure why I've still got an old version as this blank screen issue is really annoying me.

How can I get this newer version of the module to check?

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit).

Edited by Ell

Hi & welcome Ell.

I got Internet Protection Module 1101 (20140122) and I am not on pre-release updates.

One thing that worked for me in the past is to clear the update cache and then click the update button that did fix it for me when one module were lagging behind. :)

In the update section you should click "update now" not "check for updates" as that check is for the whole program and that's not needed to get the modules updated.

Edited by SweX

Turn on Pre-release updates under the update & settings section of Advanced Menu. :)

I just cleared the update cache & turned on pre-release updates.

Then I did both of the check for updates buttons and there was a big (about 45MB) update which downloaded a lot of files and installed 16 files (it counts from 1 to 16 after it had downloaded) and then said program modules had been updated.

I then re-checked the file versions and I'm still on Internet Module 1085. :(

Some time ago, somebody confirmed that the problem with AdMuncher was fixed for him with Internet protection module 1097. Please check the list of installed modules and make sure you have this version installed.

If you can reproduce the issue with Internet protection module 1097 at any time, we'll ask for further logs from your machine.

good move ESET. Looks like issue with compatibility fixed now

Turn on Pre-release updates under the update & settings section of Advanced Menu. :)

Then I did both of the check for updates buttons and there was a big (about 45MB) update which downloaded a lot of files and installed 16 files (it counts from 1 to 16 after it had downloaded) and then said program modules had been updated.

That's strange, im on 1101 now.

(20140122) so it was released 10 days ago.

Sure you are on pre-release ?

That's strange, im on 1101 now.

(20140122) so it was released 10 days ago.

Sure you are on pre-release ?

I am also on 1101 and I am not on pre-release like I mentioned in my post above. So 1101 should come down fine from the normal/standard/stable/ what are they called? :D  release servers too.

@EII For a test, disable pre-release updates again then after manually click on the "update now" button to see if you get 1101 now. You shouldn't have to but since it's so easy and quick to switch back it's worth a try.  I bet $1 that 1101 is coming down now 3,2,1.....

I haven't tried Admuncher yet with ESET,as it still can't filter IE11 and HTTPS.I have continued to support the Admuncher team as I renewed all my licenses over the last few months assuming that the 5.0 is indeed coming.That said,i went ahead and purchased licenses to Adguard after trying it,and that I can say works really well with ESET on my system.No issues,freezes,etc..Anyone with a little extra time should give it a try.I fully intend on switching back to Admuncher when the 5. update is released,but for now I am happy with Adguard.

After being testing it, I can confirm the bug is still present on both Firefox and Chrome even though I'm using 1101 module.

On IE11, the problem can't be reproduced since, like superssjdan said above, Ad Muncher isn't filtering IE11 traffic at all. @superssjdan, thanks for your advice about AdGuard, maybe I give it a try. ;)

PS: @Ell, It's really weird your problem, you should be able to get 1101 module out of the box.

I just turned of pre-release updates, cleared the update cache again, and downloaded the big download again, which updated 16 items.

It's still showing as 1185 on the internet protection module.

Can I download these manually?

I have one of the old so called "lifetime" licences for AM, it was bought for next to nothing long ago and will expire when 5.0 comes out if ever.

I asked him about the lifetime deal he had at Xmas and he told me if I bought that deal now it will not be valid for 5.0 (makes zero sense to me TNB).

Jeff seems reluctant to talk about AM 5.0 or the possibility that Murray left to go with "Leap Touch", Murray has not posted in the forum a very long time but very conveniently someone said he posted on Twitter of Facebook recently after  a lot of customer nagged Jeff on the AM forum for updates.

The AM forum is near dead and the AM IRC chat is idle.

All Jeff is good at is saying "do not spread FUD" if someone questions him on AM 5.0.

I got zero reply from him when I asked some questions about Murray and AM 5.0, tagging it on to my enquiry about the lifetime licence deal at Xmas, weird he replied sharp on the deal but not to the follow up questions.

He claims they have next to no resources but he has made money for years off this App, that is why I believe Murray is not in the picture and he is struggle as he does not know how to get HTTP or IE11 to work properly in it.

He has been offered help by MS on this and MS will help anyone who needs it so he could have asked long ago and that is what Betas are for.

There is no real excuse for it not to have HTTPS support long ago as that has nothing to do with IE11 and IE10 had Enhanced Protection Mode also (not enabled by default).

He blames MS but in the case of the "chicken and the egg" Windows is primary and the 3rd party App that for Windows are secondary.

He need to make his App work with IE11 not the other way around.

I tried AdGuard and it was horrible with poor forum support and seems Russian or such, so is the current ABP build for IE poor.

If Jeff got his finger out he could rake it in because there is a right void in the market now.

Edited by Temp Member