22 hours ago, Krond said:

I think, that the later appearing trayicon only is a aesthetic Operation, because the Service of EIS is running in Background Long before...

Yes, but now I can no longer see the small popup in the right buttom corner when I boot the windows 10 PC and the signature database was updated, because this is now done before the tray icon is loaded.

This was always an indicator for me that the signature updates are working properly and all is up-to-date after booting the PC in the morning.

Edited by User

22 hours ago, Krond said:

I think, that the later appearing trayicon only is a aesthetic Operation, because the Service of EIS is running in Background Long before...

Aesthetics matters....

37 minutes ago, jlmcr87 said:

Aesthetics matters....

So than you can report an issue to Microsoft. Because it shows the icon of Windows Defender delayed, too. Strange thing.....

57 minutes ago, Krond said:

So than you can report an issue to Microsoft. Because it shows the icon of Windows Defender delayed, too. Strange thing.....

I will try it later. Hope they remove the command window at least.

44 minutes ago, jlmcr87 said:

I will try it later. Hope they remove the command window at least.

You can do this for yourself, delete this entry:

image.thumb.png.e150dcc0928ad989b9959fc5854c354b.png

Big Problem

I have installed version 11 over version 10 without any problems.

Nevertheless, I wanted to do a clean reinstallation and uninstalled version 11. After restarting, the computer hung up immediately after the BIOS screen. Several reboots and attempting an automatic repair didn't help, I had to install a complete system backup.

I have now returned to version 10.

My System: Windows 10Pro 64Bit, Version 1703, 15063.632

Greetings

Edited by reisender1967

The version number is now no longer shown in the log editor and also no longer in the popup in the right bottom corner when the signature was updated.

Maybe this has to do with the update of the German language module to version 1633.

1.jpg

Edited by User

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:23 PM, reisender1967 said:

Hello,

In version 10 you could see the virus database version in the taskbar. In version 11 you can't see them anymore.
Can this be reactivated?59d348ff6a06f_DatabaseVersion.jpg.483afe54b45fadbcadff402c5a737094.jpg

As suggested by reisender1967, I also would like the virus database version info shown while moving your mouse to the ESET tray icon. Please keep it like all the previous versions. Thank you. :)

Edited by miyagi
spelling

• ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

The info about Virus signature database / Detection engine has been removed on purpose. It simplifies the GUI and such information is not that relevant as it used to be. Currently in the product there are tens of modules (my v.11 has 30 of them). 

Moreover there are other detection methods LiveGrid, HIPS, behavioral monitor, exploit blocker,... so the VSD itself is not that important as it used to be.

@reisender1967 I'm sorry for the trouble caused, in case you have an install log from the upgrade or any related logs I'm willing to look into it.

Regards, P.R.

1 hour ago, Peter Randziak said:

The info about Virus signature database / Detection engine has been removed on purpose.

Was this also intentionally removed from the log events and the popup in the right bottom corner when the signature was updated or is this a bug?

1.jpg.7ad8be725a26cb18b90d81c49be842cf.j

Even if it was intentionally removed it is grammatically incorrect now.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, User said:

Was this also intentionally removed from the log events and the popup in the right bottom corner when the signature was updated or is this a bug?

1.jpg.7ad8be725a26cb18b90d81c49be842cf.j

Even if it was intentionally removed it is grammatically incorrect now.

The version of the detection engine is still logged in the event log. If it's easily reproducible, it's a bug in German and possibly some other language versions. Never saw this issue in English version.

5 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

I'm sorry for the trouble caused, in case you have an install log from the upgrade or any related logs I'm willing to look into it.

Regards, P.R.

Since I had to install a complete system backup, I did not have any logs.I hope the error does not occur with other users who may not have a complete backup.

5 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

The info about Virus signature database / Detection engine has been removed on purpose. It simplifies the GUI and such information is not that relevant as it used to be.

But it was an easy, quick way to check if the update was done automatically. I think, the flyover is not particularly complicated because there is one more information in it

Greetings

Christian

I disagree VSD info is not that important because ESET products still detect threats based on VSD
Removing info about Virus signature database in the taskbar will cause more time consuming to check info
It's not simplification. It just blocking quick way to check info and bad user experience design.

Now we don't see the update notification at boot because to apply a microsoft certification, add the fact that we don't have info about virus signatures so easy as just to pass the cursor on the icon on taskbar, the simplification here means less info about the daily correct functionality of the software

• Administrators
2 hours ago, sky7 said:

I disagree VSD info is not that important because ESET products still detect threats based on VSD

Many threats don't require an update of the detection engine in order to be detected. With a new type of updates that should be introduced within the next few weeks, the version of the detection engine will become even less important than it's ever been.

I have now registered my new multi device licence code via the new licence manager and it has went wrong.

It activated as separate licence from 05.10.2017 to 05.10.2018, but it should have activated from 01.11.2017 to 31.10.2018 after my current license has expired.

Please can someone from ESET look into it and correct this.

1.jpg

Edited by User

@user: That's normal. You didn't renew the existing license, you purchased a new one. A new license is always valid from the day of activation. The first time this happened to me, too. But since you get new licenses cheaper than renewals, I have accepted it. Next time, just wait until the previous license has expired.

Greetings

Christian

This seems to be absolutely unlogical to me with the new license manager, because the license manager gives you the clear impression that you can extend your current license with a new code.

I have now also written to ESET support via the web formular and requested that the current license is extended for one year after 31.10.2017.

10 hours ago, Marcos said:

We will consider adding information about the last successful update to the tooltip.

Thank you Marcos! I always liked the prompt virus signature update notice. I still keep the balloon even though you guys have it disabled by default. I know that it's not necessary but I've known ESET for this uniqueness. All the best to the new version 11! :)

22 hours ago, Marcos said:

The version of the detection engine is still logged in the event log. If it's easily reproducible, it's a bug in German and possibly some other language versions. Never saw this issue in English version.

I switched from pre-release updates to regular updates and there the version is shown.

So it is a problem that started with a pre-release update, probably the language module.

Lokalisierungsunterstützung 1630 in regular updates and 1633 in pre-release updates.