Future changes to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Ultimate Security

Description: Show number of events in Log drop-down menu

Detail: In Tools > More tools > Log files, the number of recorded events is shown for the selected log type only. I think it would be useful if it was shown for all items in the drop-down menu without being selected.

I'm not good with words so I edited a screenshot with MSPaint to make my point clear. You can find it in the attachments.

numbers_in_dropdown_menu.png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, zeromido said:

Description: Show number of events in Log drop-down menu

Detail: In Tools > More tools > Log files, the number of recorded events is shown for the selected log type only. I think it would be useful if it was shown for all items in the drop-down menu without being selected.

I'm afraid this would cause bigger delays when opening the Log files window as all records would have to be counted in all logs. Also if the number of records changed, it would require a re-click on Log files to update the counts.

On 10/6/2019 at 6:23 PM, Marcos said:

this would cause bigger delays
would require a re-click on Log files to update the counts.

It depends on how ESET is programmed to update the counts. The way I see it, counting logs should be done like this:

1. Counts should be saved somewhere. Maybe in a file or a registry key.
2. When an event is finished, ESET would increment the log count of that event type by one.
3. Every time a user clicks the Log drop-down menu, saved counts are reloaded.

FYI, Windows Explorer monitors context-menu registry keys in real-time and any changes are applied immediately.

But of course if the change causes unacceptable delays or any other unexpected problems, then it would cause more problems than it solves.

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, carlevans said:

I am using Kaspersky Endpoint Security right now but it does slow down my system that's why I was thinking to install ESET NOD32...Will It slow down my system or not?

ESET shouldn't. Let's try it out, you can activate a fully functional 30-day license after installation. However, I'd recommend installing ESET Internet Security which also contains the network attack protection module that protects your machine on network level from malware that exploits vulnerabilities in network protocols to proliferate further over network. If necessary, create a new topic since this one is intended only for posting suggestions for future versions.

1 hour ago, carlevans said:

I am using Kaspersky Endpoint Security right now but it does slow down my system that's why I was thinking to install ESET NOD32...

Is this a commercial or consumer installation?

If commercial, I believe the appropriate Eset product would be either Eset Endpoint Antivirus (EEA) or Eset Endpoint Security (EES). The commercial equal to NOD32 is Eset Endpoint Antivirus.

Note that EEA or EES have minimum license seat requirements. Neither are available as single license puchase option.

Edited by itman

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Aryeh i am very much happy with the services and eset internet and security services .I don't think anything needs to be added .If i will find something that needs to  be added then i will let you know by comments.Thank you for the awesome internet services .

Suggestion for the Eset anti-spam filter: Mark mails as spam, based on own rules for individual X headers.

Reason:

My e-mail provider has decided no longer to add a note to the subject of e-mails classified as spam or to change the subject in any other way.

Instead, spam mails are moved to a folder on the server that cannot be retrieved via POP3 (IMAP is not an alternative). However, I have created a rule on the server that moves all mails to the inbox that are not sorted out by other filters. Rules for X headers are not possible.

Now, of course, I get the spam mails in my inbox, which are now only marked as spam in the mail header via "X-Spam-Flag: YES" and are not recognized as spam by Eset even with the extended antispam database.

Edited by 100

On 10/9/2019 at 4:38 PM, Marcos said:

ESET shouldn't. Let's try it out, you can activate a fully functional 30-day license after installation. However, I'd recommend installing ESET Internet Security which also contains the network attack protection module that protects your machine on network level from malware that exploits vulnerabilities in network protocols to proliferate further over network. If necessary, create a new topic since this one is intended only for posting suggestions for future versions.

Thanks @Marcosfor the useful suggestion.

On 10/9/2019 at 5:57 PM, itman said:

Is this a commercial or consumer installation?

If commercial, I believe the appropriate Eset product would be either Eset Endpoint Antivirus (EEA) or Eset Endpoint Security (EES). The commercial equal to NOD32 is Eset Endpoint Antivirus.

Note that EEA or EES have minimum license seat requirements. Neither are available as single license puchase option.

Thank @itmanfor your reply. BTW it's a commercial.

• 1 month later...

Description: Modify the icon.

Detail: Modification and super simple, modify the ESET icon to the old one that was an Eye. To do as Kaspersky did in product 2020 you have the option to choose which icon you use for your antivirus.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Description: Remodel the Interface
Detail: Modify the appearance of antivirus a little, because it has been the same for years.

I can see why some may like this but having the interface the same means people know what they are using. I remember using an AV that changed its interface every year at one point but people never knew where things where anymore

• 3 weeks later...

Gaming mode could be easier to activate, some time on the past it was present on the context menu on system tray icon. I would really like to have it back there, at lest a option to do it faster. Also, could implement a way of customizing the context menu with what you actually use.

Also, could implement a black/dark theme to the UI. 

I've been using it for so long, I actually love the Smart Security Premium, but, this little things, sometimes are really boring to set up every single time you want to play a game.

-I thought, there could be a "White List" where you put the programs you'd like, and then Eset's SSP auto enter "Gaming Mode" when it detects the process running.

Edited by FredRaylander
More info.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, FredRaylander said:

Gaming mode could be easier to activate, some time on the past it was present on the context menu on system tray icon. I would really like to have it back there, at lest a option to do it faster. Also, could implement a way of customizing the context menu with what you actually use.

Please elaborate more on what benefits using gamer mode has for you. If you disable automatic gamer mode activation for applications running in full-screen mode, what issues do you observe while playing games?

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, FredRaylander said:

Also, could implement a black/dark theme to the UI. 

I've been using it for so long, I actually love the Smart Security Premium, but, this little things, sometimes are really boring to set up every single time you want to play a game.

-I thought, there could be a "White List" where you put the programs you'd like, and then Eset's SSP auto enter "Gaming Mode" when it detects the process running.

35 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please elaborate more on what benefits using gamer mode has for you. If you disable automatic gamer mode activation for applications running in full-screen mode, what issues do you observe while playing games?

I've been asking for the ability to customise the content menu for a while now so that users can add stuff they'd prefer to see e.g. firewall troubleshoot wizard

• Administrators
1 hour ago, peteyt said:

I've been asking for the ability to customise the content menu for a while now so that users can add stuff they'd prefer to see e.g. firewall troubleshoot wizard

This topic is checked by product managers and staff responsible for decision about new features to implement so posts from you never go unnoticed. Unfortunately, customization of the tray icon menu is not an easy task and since it would cost too much in terms of resources, it's not on top of the to-do list.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Marcos said:

This topic is checked by product managers and staff responsible for decision about new features to implement so posts from you never go unnoticed. Unfortunately, customization of the tray icon menu is not an easy task and since it would cost too much in terms of resources, it's not on top of the to-do list.

Oh yeah sorry if I sounded rude as I do get it's not a priority

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Description: PLUGINS for the browser.
Details: Develop plugins to block dangerous and pop-up blocker sites such as Kaspersky, Avast and Bitedefender. These companies already have this kind of security.

This has been asked before a few times I believe but a lot of people are against it as toolbars, plugins etc. can often cause more problems.  For example you mentioned Avast - I posted something in the general forum a week or so ago about Avast having its browser addons removed as it was actually tracking users - something that people not only find shady, but something people might expect an AV to prevent not actually to take part in. I will paste the link of that post bellow. 

As for ad blockers eset has often been popular because it doesn't include stuff that could be classed as non security. For example many AVs these days include features similar to CCleaner e.g. removing unneeded junk files. While this may come under privacy, eset has always focused more on actual security e.g. preventing viruses, hackers etc. This is probably the reason eset doesn't include an ad blocker because while adverts can be annoying, they do not fall under security.

However it is important to note, that while eset doesn't include a popup blocker it has features, technologies etc. designed to protect you while browsing. Its web protection and other tools are designed to block malware online including those via adverts so while it may not be able to block adverts it should prevent any from infecting you. 

I don't actually work for eset - so I don't know eset's exact stance on these things, but I don't expect eset would go down the route you mentioned.

Description: Ad blocker.
Details: I hope Eset has a ad blocker function similar uBlock Origin with built-in rules and allowing import custom rules (EasyList, EasyPrivacy,...) without any browser extension.

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, Dung Tran said:

Description: Ad blocker.
Details: I hope Eset has a ad blocker function similar uBlock Origin with built-in rules and allowing import custom rules (EasyList, EasyPrivacy,...) without any browser extension.

Sadly eset hasn't got an adblocker. As mentioned in my above post I cannot see them adding one but I don't work for eset so could be wrong. Eset does protect you however from adverts containing malware

I am back with Eset because i trust it. 

Suggestion - better User Interface - Kaspersky has a good one.  Makes decisions for me - i can run the optimize settings when i want to.

Kaspersky allowed me to stop any updates or scans starting when i am doing a Power-Point presentation.

Thanks. :)

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, jems said:

Kaspersky allowed me to stop any updates or scans starting when i am doing a Power-Point presentation.

For this there is gamer mode which activates automatically when an application is running in full-screen mode.