Another Anti-Malware Brands Co. Really fast answering and supporting. they have many supporting channel for users.

Online chat, Remote Control or Fast Answer to e-mail.. any-way.

I already twice(maybe three) sent questions e-mail to ESET twe weeks ago. and not yet received answer mail.

i don't have idea why i purchased license. i was stupid.

Edited by Marcos
Offensive language removed

• Administrators

Hello,

I'm sorry for hearing about your bad experience with support. That's not definitely a global experience and many users have praised quick and accurate help with their issues that was provided by the local support in their countries. I wonder if you contacted the Korean distributor directly or how exactly. If you received a confirmation email that you should have received after creating a support ticket, please send it to me via a personal message.

Hello,

I'm sorry for hearing about your bad experience with support. That's not definitely a global experience and many users have praised quick and accurate help with their issues that was provided by the local support in their countries. I wonder if you contacted the Korean distributor directly or how exactly. If you received a confirmation email that you should have received after creating a support ticket, please send it to me via a personal message.

I hope ESET quickly solve ESET SS 9 Firewall problem with WIndows 10 Firewall.

• Administrators

Unfortunately, I, for one, am not aware of any firewall issue on Windows 10. Please clarify.

Unfortunately, I, for one, am not aware of any firewall issue on Windows 10. Please clarify.

OK.

After install ESET SS 9 Latest version & reboot in Windows 10 64bit.

ESET didn't turn off Windows Firewall.

Another Anti-Malware products turn off Windows Firewall normally. (i did test)

i thought my Windows have some problem. so, i reinstall clearly Windows and ESET.

and same issue happened.

i think this is not a MS problem. Security center clearly recognize 3rd party Firewall applications. without ESET.

Edited by MJY

• Administrators

Please explain what is not activated. Do you see the notice that Windows Firewall settings are managed by ESET as shown above? If so, that how it should be. If you are experiencing a different error, post a screen shot for better understanding of what you mean.

Please explain what is not activated. Do you see the notice that Windows Firewall settings are managed by ESET as shown above? If so, that how it should be. If you are experiencing a different error, post a screen shot for better understanding of what you mean.

Whoooooo.............

WIndows 10 Firewall active with ESET SS 9. it is meaning, ESET SS 9 not turn off Windows Firewall. ESET SS 9 Setting is default.

i can't see "These settings are being managed by vendor application ESET Smart Security". and Windows Firewall still active with green color with ESET SS 9.

if not doing manually turn off Windows Firewall. Windows Firewall not off without that sentence.

I sent ESET log file to head office via ESET Korea. and now i'm waiting answer.

ESET Korea did remote control my PC. they said it's really very rare issue.

i did everthing. i can't remember how many times i did re-install WIndows 10 and ESET SS 9.

i can't show to you screenshot. i did un-install ESET SS 9 now. untill ESET solve this issue, i will not use ESET SS 9.

Edited by MJY

• Administrators

This can happen if the Windows Firewall service starts after ekrn so we don't know that it's active. As of v10, it should not happen that both firewall are active at a time. As an interim solution you can disable Windows Firewall manually.

This can happen if the Windows Firewall service starts after ekrn so we don't know that it's active. As of v10, it should not happen that both firewall are active at a time. As an interim solution you can disable Windows Firewall manually.

First, Thanks to Answer about tiresome my topic.

then, your meaning is ESET firewall(and HIPS.. etc.) work fine normally in my situation. it's right ? and Windows firewall just turn off manually myself, right ??

• Administrators

You can turn off Windows Firewall manually. As of v10, this won't be needed even if the Windows firewall service starts after ekrn and with ESS v10 you should see that Windows Firewall settings are managed by ESS even in your scenario.

You can turn off Windows Firewall manually. As of v10, this won't be needed even if the Windows firewall service starts after ekrn and with ESS v10 you should see that Windows Firewall settings are managed by ESS even in your scenario.

OK. i got it !

i'll wait v10.

• 1 month later...

After using version 10.0.359.1 for 3 days now, it seems that the problem is indeed solved.