Unattended Endpoint Security installation - place network in Home or Office zone

Hi all,

I am doing a large number of unattended ESET Endpoint Security installations via an ERA server, and I noticed that after installation the clients existing network seems to be marked as a Public Network type in the personal firewalls Known Networks, by default.

I am trying to run a fully silent unattended installation and I would like the network the client is connected to during installation to be marked as a Home or Office network zone by default instead.

I couldn't seem to find any command line parameters for the installer to do it. I also couldn't find a post-installation command line option to change the current network location to Home or Office.

I don't want to pop a GUI to the client to ask, if I can possibly avoid it.

As the clients are spread all over the place, their network connection details are unique to each and cannot be assigned using ERA policies to alter the known network settings.

Do you know of any way to achieve this?

• ESET Staff

Hi @BillTheNerd,

Usually I don't see that behavior (talking of ERAv6) on my installations.

They never ask or show pop-up for Public or Enterprise type.

As the clients are spread all over the place,

their network connection details are unique to each and cannot be assigned using ERA policies to alter the known network settings.

"network details unique"... ?? Can explain a bit more (if you are allowed to share that info in public).

You cannot make some groups and apply Policy by group?

Sure - The ESET Endpoint Security never asks the client after the installation whether the current network is public or private. It just sets it to public, which disables network sharing among other things.

Each of my agents is running in a remote network, their own home, which means they can't be identified by a standard IP range and other details using the known networks policies.

Their network could be any combination of IPs, subnets, gateways, DNS and so on.

So what I really need is a non-GUI method to set the currently connected network type to Private, post-installation.