ERA 6 | Client over VPN | Client side Agent connected, Server doesn't show Client

Hello,

I'm having another big problem with ERA 6:

We have some outer branches connected via VPN to us (primarily working on Terminalserver), so these clients doesn't belong to our domain. (I know there will be some limitations because of that.)

I've successfully installed the agent on one of them, and the ERA agent still connects to the ERA Server (see picture from log).  

But these client doesn't show up on ERA Server Console, even if I add it manually it won't say that the Agent is installed on the machine. I thought I might have to add them to the Domain, so I tested it, but still the same.

Any other Ports beside of 2222, 2223 and 3128 needed in that case?

(BTW: Our firewall is open to the branch office, from the other side there are some ports blocked (ping,..?), I'm in contact with the local IT support.)

What can I do? I don't have to use all these great new functions, but I want them to be shown on the ERA Server Console to get status information and of course they still use our license! 

post-11335-0-78837500-1457437811_thumb.jpg

None of my clients are on the same domain as the ERA box, as I have clients on 6 domains connecting to my ERA where I manage them centrally. 2222 is the only port in our firewall that we have open.

Edited by jimwillsher

Does they show up automatically in ERA Server console? (Like our local computers still do here under lost & found + static groups from AD)

• ESET Staff

In case you are using MySQL database, does restarting SERVER makes any difference? In case yes, it will be most probably the same problem as described in another topic

Server restart doesn't help, of course I have tried this.

Maybe someone could answer me the question where would I find new clients that are just connected by VPN and not part of the Domain (= on workgroup)?

On LAN = rouge detection scanner = lost & found

In Domain = static groups imported from AD = in the AD OU where the client has been moved

On VPN = ???

If they show up, I can deploy the agent and install endpoint antivirus.

Do I have to add VPN clients manually?

In Version 5 it was very easy, just add the remote administration server and it works.

It is a little bit like a hate-love with ERA6 for everyone that migrates!

Edited by Skynet

Lost and Found probably.

We have 6 remote domains, not related to each other, and they all connect to ERA 6.3 on a 7th domain in my office. So there's no VPN, no Trust etc. All new clients appear in lost and Found and I move them to the right place.

Yesterday evening I've tried at home, created a VM, connected to the office, manually installed ERA Agent and the client shows up on lost & found. Everything works fine!

Now I have to figure out why it doesn't work with the branch offices. ERA Agent says communication is ok... :huh:

• ESET Staff

Yesterday evening I've tried at home, created a VM, connected to the office, manually installed ERA Agent and the client shows up on lost & found. Everything works fine!

Now I have to figure out why it doesn't work with the branch offices. ERA Agent says communication is ok... :huh:

Your network configuration seems absolutely fine.

Have you checked all groups whether there is not computer you are looking for? It may be listed with different name than you expected...also AD synchronization task could possibly move it to different group based on name. also make sure there is not any non-standard filter set for main clients view (maybe based on product type that is not installed in these newly added AGENT's).

Could you also search SERVER's trace.log for errors? To be sure, try to restart Apache Tomcat that is hosting ERA Webconsole - to be sure there is nothing cached.

Edited by MartinK