How to set Exclusions on Client manually?

tomha

Some clients with Eset Endpoint AV 6 are managed by ERA 6 an there is a policy with path exclusions for the realtime scanner. The exclusions are set via policy and working as expected. At last we installed new software on one of the clients and wanted to set another path exclusion manually on this single client. But in the endpoint Av Window the option to set path exclusions is greyed out.

Is there a way to set path exclusions via policy and set some exclusions on the client manually?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

• Administrators

Add the exclusion in the policy setup for all clients or create a special group for that particular client which will use a different policy than the others.

@nhesetnod32: There is no option to "run as administrator". EEAV is startet at system start.

@marcos: yes we can add a policy for this computer with the needed exclusions an then create a group for this computer. But imagine 100 PC´s with the same exclusions and 10 PC´s which need another special unique exclusion(each different from the others). Our plan was to create one policy for all computers in a single client group and then add the needed exclusions to the 10 clients manually. This was possible with EEAV5 and ERA5. Now we have to create 10 more policies and 10 more client groups for 10 PC´s. That is not a very elegant way. 

I should have been more clear.  You would run EEAV as admin from the client.  When you get to the advanced setup, in the antivirus setttings the Exclusions section should now be enabled.  Any exclusion added here will only apply to this client.

post-7762-0-83883900-1441136688_thumb.jpg

post-7762-0-17099700-1441136689_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

I should have been more clear.  You would run EEAV as admin from the client.  When you get to the advanced setup, in the antivirus setttings the Exclusions section should now be enabled.  Any exclusion added here will only apply to this client.

If exclusions (or any other settings) are set by a policy, they cannot be edited. Even if it was possible, agent would apply the policy settings momentarily.

That is interesting.  I created an exclusion on a single client and still multiple days later and a couple of reboots the exclusion still exists. I am curious if I change the policy to force the exclusion policy setting it would clear my single client policy.  I will have to test this out.

post-7762-0-13882500-1441160168_thumb.jpg