Application Window Size

Loving the new version, very fresh looking and a great change, but why does the main window have to be so big and not re-sizeable ? On my 24" monitor at 1920x1200 the window takes up 1/4 of my screen!

• Administrators

GUI has always taken up about 1/4 of my screen. And I usually extend it to the entire screen, especially when checking logs :)

• ESET Insiders

Surfer1000,

How often do you open ESET program main screen?

Because of my job, I have it open every day all the time, and have no problem with it's size. When I'm checking something usually it's full screen.

On my home computers, I don't open it at all (maybe if there is some threat, or when it's time to renew license ) - and again have no problem with it's size.

And, all this time I'm using it, and also in communication with people who have ESET products on their computers, there was no one complaining about it's size on screen, regardles of version of their products...

• Most Valued Members

GUI has always taken up about 1/4 of my screen. And I usually extend it to the entire screen, especially when checking logs :)

Loving the new version, very fresh looking and a great change, but why does the main window have to be so big and not re-sizeable ? On my 24" monitor at 1920x1200 the window takes up 1/4 of my screen!

Surfer1000,

How often do you open ESET program main screen?

Because of my job, I have it open every day all the time, and have no problem with it's size. When I'm checking something usually it's full screen.

On my home computers, I don't open it at all (maybe if there is some threat, or when it's time to renew license ) - and again have no problem with it's size.

And, all this time I'm using it, and also in communication with people who have ESET products on their computers, there was no one complaining about it's size on screen, regardles of version of their products...

The size is also an issue for me but maybe slightly different.

At the end of a scan the results are hard to read because you can't resize the screen so if the file found is a long filename it's hard to see the full details. Same issue in quarantine.

I've took a screenshot to enphase this. As you can see there is no easy way without constantly adjusting the sliders to see all the information. This is even harder to do with the small results window at the end of a scan

post-7479-0-26127700-1434582367_thumb.jpg

Have you tried to double click on the slider bar?  

Doing that should automatically adjust the field size and then you should only have to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the page saving you a lot of time. 

• 1 month later...
  • Former ESET Employees

Please fix it so we can resize the GUI as usual like in previous versions. It's really annoying.

The new GUI is not resizable by design, what are you trying to achieve? Make it bigger,smaller?

Please fix it so we can resize the GUI as usual like in previous versions. It's really annoying.

The new GUI is not resizable by design, what are you trying to achieve? Make it bigger,smaller?

To make it smaller and wider so it fits better.

By design? Woh. Well, then i'll be staying on v8.

• Most Valued Members

To make it smaller and wider so it fits better.

By design? Woh. Well, then i'll be staying on v8.

I've spent more time on the v9 GUI then I have in past versions simply because it's new and I'm exploring the new features, doing initial setup and learning where everything is. Once complete my time spent on the GUI will return to normal, very limited. It's my opinion, when it comes to protection software, that the less time I spend tinkering with it means the smoother running and more reliable it is. If I have to open it to be reassured it's working I need to rethink my choice of protection. Thank goodness, and Eset, I won't have to do that.

I find it amazing that you would forfeit the increased security, speed and other new features based on the look or size of the GUI, but to each their own.