Aryeh Goretsky

Future changes to ESET Smart Security

6 hours ago, Wolf Igmc4 said:

An option to block individually notifications of a particular threat.

You can exclude potentially unwanted and unsafe applications from detection by name.

19 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can exclude potentially unwanted and unsafe applications from detection by name.

No, for example: A threat has been detected (MSIL/blabla) when X tried to access X.

I just want to block the popup of the specific ´MSIL/blabla´.

If for example another threat is detected (for example, MSIL/Blabla25) is detected, it´s popup will appear.

I don´t know if you understand me :/

On 9/6/2017 at 8:05 PM, persian-boy said:

show that command line

Can we have this feature in the upcoming version? plsssss -.-
This is very important because I cant blindly allow a command line :|

4 hours ago, persian-boy said:

Can we have this feature in the upcoming version? plsssss -.-
This is very important because I cant blindly allow a command line :|

In the example of lets say a command shell executing powershell, cmd.exe starts up conhost.exe. Conhost.exe is the process that actually starts up powershell.exe. So creating a HIPS rule to monitor what conhost.exe starts up will give you the information your seeking. 

Could we have an ignore once options for Potentially unwanted applications? Often I will instal stuff that might contain extras e.g. in the installer and Eset will pop up and let me know I'm instaling a potentially unwanted application. I've noticed that Malwarebytes has an option to ignore it once e.g. you want to test it but might remove it fully later.  

38 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Could we have an ignore once options for Potentially unwanted applications? Often I will instal stuff that might contain extras e.g. in the installer and Eset will pop up and let me know I'm instaling a potentially unwanted application. I've noticed that Malwarebytes has an option to ignore it once e.g. you want to test it but might remove it fully later.  

Unfold advanced options in the yellow alert window, check "Exclude from detection" and click "No action".

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Unfold advanced options in the yellow alert window, check "Exclude from detection" and click "No action".

I do not see no action when installing a Potentially unwanted application - I think no action appears after a scan. After pressing ignore I get a windows access the specific file. I either have to exclude it  which would exclude it for good I presume or disable the protection temporarily. Malwarebytes comes up with ignore or ignore once which is helpful.