EAV 17.0.16.0 with "Browser Protection" enabled blocks Edge

John Dow
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Windows 10 Home 64bit
EAV 17.0.16.0 (just updated)
Edge 120.0.2210.77 (only extension is uBlock Origin 1.54.0 but it gets automatically disabled)

As written in the title, after having updated to EAV 17.0.16.0 it is no more possible (for me) to navigate using Edge.
I have to disable "Enable advance scanning of browser scripts" to make Edge work.
The only Edge extension I use uBlock Origin (it must be said that I use its option "Disable JavaScript").

Does anyone else have problems with Edge?

Firefox portable works perfectly

4 minutes ago, John999 said:

The only Edge extension I use uBlock Origin (it must be said that I use its option "Disable JavaScript").

Temporarily disable this option and see if that solves the issue.

28 minutes ago, itman said:

Temporarily disable this option and see if that solves the issue.

Disabled, but it doesn't solve the issue.

Let's see if others using Edge have the same problem.

2 hours ago, John999 said:

Disabled, but it doesn't solve the issue.

Let's see if others using Edge have the same problem.

No issues here.  Posting this reply using latest ESET/Edge.  Same versions as yours.  I have no extensions loaded, just vanilla Edge.

I managed to make a screenshot of the page that "flashes" before it gets completely white (it is in Italian and at the bottom it shows Edge Error Code 0x000C0DE1).

I see that they talked about this problem here

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1460362/edge-error-0x000c0de1

or here (but for heaven's sake I don't want to reinstall Edge....)

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/all/edge-completely-broken/c8e88485-7af1-4958-80ef-1528a417d9ab

Clipboard_12-18-2023_02.jpg

Edited by John999

• Administrators
  • Solution
5 hours ago, John999 said:

As written in the title, after having updated to EAV 17.0.16.0 it is no more possible (for me) to navigate using Edge.
I have to disable "Enable advance scanning of browser scripts" to make Edge work.

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Launch Edge
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Does the issue go away after uninstalling EAV v17.0.16 and returns after installing it from scratch?

The problem has magically disappeared by itself (the magic of informatics...).

Now I am using Edge and have enabled that feature.

The question is: what has changed from yesterday when I made the post (in the modules connected to that behaviour, I mean)?
Thanks anyway to all you guys

• Administrators
1 hour ago, John999 said:

The question is: what has changed from yesterday when I made the post (in the modules connected to that behaviour, I mean)?

Hard to say. Browser protection module 1337 was released for another group of users. If you want, you could check if the issue recurs after switching to the pre-release update channel and then back to the regular channel when the module 1336 would be downloaded.