Push Notification Service Servers Cannot be Reached...

MarcFL
Go to solution Solved by Peter Randziak,

Second Time in 24 hours. Please Advise. Thanks. 🙂
Note: This is intermittently happening on more than one computer at more than one location.

Error.jpg

Edited by MarcFL

• MarcFL changed the title to Push Notification Service Servers Cannot be Reached...

Same problem here after updating ALL (118) pcs to version 11.0.2032.

This has already happened in an older version. Eset released a temporary workaround and then a fix in a new version.. but .. again the same probem... hope they fix ASAP

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello guys,

I can confirm that there is an issue with the quality of service of the ESET Push Notification Service (EPNS).

The teams responsible are on it.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused,
Peter

3 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

Hello guys,

I can confirm that there is an issue with the quality of service of the ESET Push Notification Service (EPNS).

Peter

Is this why for approx the last 18 hours I'm getting random notifications that ESET needs my attention?  When I click on it, ESET opens but everything is green and no issues are displayed.

8 minutes ago, zathras said:

Is this why for approx the last 18 hours I'm getting random notifications that ESET needs my attention?  When I click on it, ESET opens but everything is green and no issues are displayed.

Yes, that's correct. The ESET Push Notification server is having intermittent issues and repair is underway.

Edited by MarcFL

For the sake of telemetry ... this just happened to me. I have two W10 Pro systems sitting next to each other, both connected directly to the router via ethernet. One system, just displayed the warning (after being online for about 12 hours with no issues). No warning on the other system.

Edited by howardagoldberg

On 12/15/2023 at 6:52 PM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello guys,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Today, my customers reported the same issue.This issue may be occurred on some customers.

• Administrators

While we are working on a resolution, you can disable the appropriate application status via a policy on all machines.

EPNS is not monitored on the Status portal but there are plans to add it next year.

59 minutes ago, Marcos said:

While we are working on a resolution, you can disable the appropriate application status via a policy on all machines.

EPNS is not monitored on the Status portal but there are plans to add it next year.

Is that an option on the ESET consumer versions? I'm not using the enterprise solution, I'm using a family plan.

2 hours ago, itman said:

Refer to below screen shot;

Eset_Push.thumb.png.23743c3fc49a1bb751a20551a8bdc6f0.png

More info:  It's Under the "General" Section (i.e.: Notifications > Application Statuses > Edit > General).

Edited by MarcFL

• Administrators

Yes, the issue should be gone and EPNS reponds on time now. There were several issues that were solved by updating the Linux backend system and replacing faulty hw on one of the servers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

EPNS doesn't affect protection. You can disable the protection status in the advanced setup -> Desktop notifications -> Application statuses:

image.png

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

EPNS doesn't affect protection. You can disable the protection status in the advanced setup -> Desktop notifications -> Application statuses:

image.png

Sure, this is a workaround to get rid of the alert.

However we're (also) reporting that this notification has been showing on all NOD32 clients for several hours now.
Just for your knowledge.

Edited by scr-pc