MarcFL
Go to solution Solved by MarcFL,

"Browser Protection" Setting Missing from NOD32 17.0.15.0

Thank You.

My Screenshot:

BrowserProtectionMissing.jpg.ea53c1b277f39bee2940399acc1eb4a8.jpg

Marcos Screenshot:

On 11/21/2023 at 2:44 AM, Marcos said:

Does temporarily disabling scanning of browser scripts make a difference? Other than that, ESET NOD32 Antivirus does not do anything else with browsers.

image.png

Edited by MarcFL

• MarcFL changed the title to "Browser Protection" Setting Missing from 17.0.15.0
5 hours ago, JozefG said:

Can you please share what version of Configuration Module you have?

JozefG thank you for responding. 
Configuration Module:  2099.6   11/23/2023

------------------------------

Detection Engine;28319;11/29/2023
Rapid Response module;23379;11/29/2023
Update module;1039;10/23/2023
Antivirus and antispyware scanner module;1605.2;11/15/2023
Advanced heuristics module;1227;10/30/2023
Archive support module;1344;10/16/2023
Cleaner module;1244;9/28/2023
Anti-Stealth support module;1188;10/9/2023
Translation support module;1990;11/10/2023
HIPS support module;1466;9/19/2023
Internet protection module;1464;11/10/2023
Database module;1124;9/12/2023
Configuration module;2099.6;11/23/2023
Direct Cloud communication module;1134;10/5/2023
Rootkit detection and cleaning module;1033;9/16/2022
Network protection module;1692;7/15/2022
Cryptographic protocol support module;1082;11/6/2023
Deep behavioral inspection support module;1144;10/2/2023
Advanced Machine Learning module;1145;11/9/2023
Telemetry module;1066.1;5/24/2022
Security Center integration module;1038;7/28/2022

Edited by MarcFL

8 minutes ago, itman said:

This is a ver. 17.0.5 first.

Browser protection module missing from this NOD32 installation.

Hi itman.  I'm sorry, but I don't understand. 17.0.5?  I'm talking about 17.0.15.0 that was recently released and I'm missing the Browser Protection module.

Edited by MarcFL

• Administrators

This is a known issue that occurs after automatic update of ESET NOD32 Antivirus to v17.  You can resolve it by uninstalling EAV v17 and installing it using the live installer from ESET's website. If you use custom settings, export the configuration first and import it after reinstallation.

P_ESSW-17576

13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This is a known issue that occurs after automatic update of ESET NOD32 Antivirus to v17.  You can resolve it by uninstalling EAV v17 and installing it using the live installer from ESET's website. If you use custom settings, export the configuration first and import it after reinstallation.

P_ESSW-17576

OK. Thanks.  That's a bummer.  I guess I'll do it later.   I have other computers with the same issue.  Will this be fixed, or do I need to reinstall on all of them?  I can't imagine that Eset is going to ask thousands of customers to reinstall. 

Edited by MarcFL

30 minutes ago, MarcFL said:

I can't imagine that Eset is going to ask thousands of customers to reinstall. 

Appears that's the case ....................🙄

2 hours ago, MarcFL said:

Hi itman.  I'm sorry, but I don't understand. 17.0.5? 

Sorry, meant ver. 17.0.15.

57 minutes ago, Marcos said:

P_ESSW-17576

I've given this situation more thought.  Eset should pull this faulty update immediately.   I have multiple devices and I also manage other home users with Eset.  I have no desire to reinstall on all those devices - most with custom settings.   Please advise if this will be fixed in a future update.  Also advise if this "Browser Protection" module is still operational even though the configuration page is missing.  Thank You for your assistance.

Edited by MarcFL

1. When will this be fixed in a future update? 
2.  Is the "Browser Protection" module still operational even though the configuration page is missing? 
Thank You

1 hour ago, MarcFL said:

Is the "Browser Protection" module still operational even though the configuration page is missing? 

In ver. 17.0.15, the Browser Protection module also controls Banking & Payment Protection functionality.

If you are running Eset with "Secure all browsers" option enabled, when you open Chrome, Firefox, or Edge you should see the green border with "X" symbol on the right hand side of the web page. If this is the case, you can assume Browser Protection is operational.

Thanks Marcos.  But as outlined in this thread, the NOD32 automatic 17.0.15.0 update was defective and we do not see what you see (without uninstalling and reinstalling).  Do you have any information on these outstanding issues. Thanks.
1. When will this be fixed in a future update? 
2.  Is the Browser Script Scanner module still operational even though the configuration page is missing? 
Thank You

Edited by MarcFL

13 minutes ago, Marcos said:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus contains only the advanced browser script scanner

Ahh ............. No B&PP protection. No new Browser Privacy & Security protection. I guess the labeling "essential protection" sums up its features.

Edited by itman

7 minutes ago, MarcFL said:

Is the Browser Script Scanner module still operational even though the configuration page is missing? 

After years of frequenting this forum, I can state with confidence the following.

Eset "silence" to a posted problem means;

1. Yes. its a problem.

2. Eset doesn't want to discuss/admit the problem publicly.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, itman said:

After years of frequenting this forum, I can state with confidence the following.

Eset "silence" to a posted problem means;

1. Yes. its a problem.

2. Eset doesn't want to discuss/admit the problem publicly.

We didn't deny the issue. In a post above I wrote:

This is a known issue that occurs after automatic update of ESET NOD32 Antivirus to v17.

We are working on a hotfix that should be available soon. Neither ESET Internet Security nor ESET Smart Security or ESET Security Ultimate are affected.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, itman said:

Ahh ............. No B&PP protection. No new Browser Privacy & Security protection. I guess the labeling "essential protection" sums up its features.

Yes, ESET NOD32 Antivirus provides only essential protection. It doesn't have Network protection to protect the machine from exploits exploiting vulnerabilities in network protocols nor IDS with RDP & SMB brute-force protection. It's also missing antispam, Parental Control, Anti-Theft, Safe banking and browsing and Broser privacy and security features.

The lowest tier Home Security Essential subscription contains ESET Internet Security, not ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

This was an important announcement that was just made so thousands of customers don't have to reinstall: 
"We are working on a hotfix that should be available soon. "
Thanks.

I have Smart Security Premium of (5) computers and I must disagree.  It is a problem with our comouters after updating to 17.0.15.0 with Windows 11 !

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, kimk said:

I have Smart Security Premium of (5) computers and I must disagree.  It is a problem with our comouters after updating to 17.0.15.0 with Windows 11 !

Could you please provide some screenshots to illustrate the issue as well as logs collected with ESET Log Collector from such machine?

Hello,
I can confirm that I have not lost that setting. However, I have lost the option to use protected browsing on certain websites via redirects. Now I either have it always off, always on or I have to run the browser manually. Why? I can't understand the change. The convenience of having the list of required websites is gone. I hope it's something temporary.

5 hours ago, Daamu32 said:

Hello,
I can confirm that I have not lost that setting. However, I have lost the option to use protected browsing on certain websites via redirects...

This forum is for NOD32 only and the specific issue of "Browser Protection" Setting Missing.  I suggest you post in the correct forum "ESET Internet Security & ESET Smart Security Premium" here: https://forum.eset.com/forum/23-eset-internet-security-eset-smart-security-premium/   

Edited by MarcFL