Problems on Windows 2012 R2 RDP

1 hour ago, HI-IT said:

When will this update be available? This problem is driving me nuts since months now!

@HI-IT If you don't want to wait, just downgrade to v9 for now. It's working without problems.

Is there any ETA on the fix? I've got a customer who's just been through a pretty painful upgrade from v7 > v9, after which we were told we had to do a wipe and install v10, which introduced these issues. I'd really like to tell him that the fix is just a few days away and not go through a downgrade to v9.

On 6/16/2023 at 3:21 PM, Marcos said:

If everything goes well, it will be released next week.

Hi @Marcos, sorry to be a pain but we're under some pressure to make a decision on possibly downgrading to v9 or waiting for the fix. Do we have a somewhat firmer ETA?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, The Administrator said:

Hi @Marcos, sorry to be a pain but we're under some pressure to make a decision on possibly downgrading to v9 or waiting for the fix. Do we have a somewhat firmer ETA?

Unfortunately not, the release of the hotfix has been postponed due to issues found during QA tests. I would not wait and downgrade to v9 for the time being.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately not, the release of the hotfix has been postponed due to issues found during QA tests. I would not wait and downgrade to v9 for the time being.

Thanks for the swift reply @Marcos, I agree that the downgrade is looking like the preferential approach. Are there any specific instructions to follow for the downgrade?

Just now, Marcos said:

1, Uninstall EESW v10
2, Reboot the server
3, Install EESW v9 and activate it.

Fair enough :) I think I can manage that. Just a uninstall from Windows or should we run the cleanup tool from Safe Mode?

After every server restart it always took 3 full days for that "sign out" problem to occur, on both servers. Now 8 days going without incident on both servers...so...I would say problem is fixed.

Hi Marco,

I have this exact same issue on my RDS server repeating every week or two, but my server is already up to date. I have been on version 10.0.12012 for a couple weeks and have experienced the issue twice. Any suggestions?

On 6/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, Marcos said:

A hotfix 10.0.12012 has been released that addresses this issue:

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Scott SPG said:

I have this exact same issue on my RDS server repeating every week or two, but my server is already up to date. I have been on version 10.0.12012 for a couple weeks and have experienced the issue twice. Any suggestions?

Please raise a support ticket.  A complete memory dump from the freeze / lockup will be needed to confirm that the latest version is actually installed and to determine if the issue is same or different to what the latest version was supposed to address.

Does anyone have an reappearance of a "sign out" problem after installing the latest hotfix,
as Scott SPG mentioned ?

Edited by Ajvan

4 hours ago, Ajvan said:

Does anyone have an reappearance of a "sign out" problem after installing the latest hotfix,
as Scott SPG mentioned ?

The problem has not occured again since I installed 10.0.12012.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...