ESS 6 update problem

Go to solution Solved by Aryeh Goretsky,

Had a small problem with pc (didnt want to startup) and I had to clear cmos by removing PC battery and clean the computer. Then it worked smooth again with ESS 5.2.15. Had to put new date and time in windows so I adjusted from 1-1-2002 to 3-6-2013. After that I updated to ESS 6.0.316. Updated virusdatabase and all went well. Found out that I had to adjust to 10-6 instead of 3-6.. so I did. Then I got the problem with ESS:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the warning that database is out of date. As you can see last succesful update is 3-6-2013 and signature database is 8434 and set to the right date of today '10-6-2013'

post-918-0-33838300-1370900138_thumb.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I press update it can take a long time to finish -if at all- in error. Cancel doesnt work when I press it or takes up minutes before it works.

post-918-0-65271000-1370900137_thumb.jpg

Tried clear cache in advanced settings to no avail. The warning stays. Saw there is a roll back but that means I not only have to update ESS but also several other things. What is the best option to handle this or am I stuck with the rollback function as last option?

thank you

Faraway

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello,

Try clearing the update cache, toggling the update type from regular to pre-release (or vice-versa, if you're on pre-release updates), restarting the computer and then performing a virus signature database update.  Does that make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Administrators

A correct system date must be set in order for the program to report out-of-date status correctly. Try restarting the computer after setting the system date.

Try clearing the update cache, toggling the update type from regular to pre-release (or vice-versa, if you're on pre-release updates), restarting the computer and then performing a virus signature database update.  Does that make any difference?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

@Marcos: I already had tried your solution but it didnt solve the problem. Kept saying that my system was at risk.

@Aryeh Goretsky: Thank you very much as your solution 'clearing update cache,change update to release channel,restart,update virusdatabase .. change back to regular update and restart made my ESS work again flawless. :)

best regards,

Faraway

Edited by Faraways