ESET Protect v8.1 to v9

Go to solution Solved by MartinK,

With the recent release of ESET Protect v9, I would like some information on the upgrade process of the agent.  If I remember correctly, the release notes for v8.1 included automatic updating of the agents as a feature.  If that is accurate, will I just need to update the ESET Protect server to v9, and the agents will automatically begin updating? Or will I need to update them via tasks as I have done for past upgrades?

• ESET Staff

Indeed AGENTs should upgrade automatically, but there are certain delays and randomization involved, which means that this process won't start sooner than 2 weeks after release and will be distributed randomly throughout upcoming weeks.

In case more control of upgrade time is required, original tasks might be used as with older releases.

Great thank you! One follow up question, if I opt to delay the server upgrade to ESET Protect to v9 until a much later date, will the agents upgrade to v9 with the server on v8.1, or is the server upgrade a pre-req for the auto-upgrade of the agents?

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

As you mentioned, server version is prerequisite, i.e. AGENTs will be upgrading only to version that is "compatible" with ESET PROTECT server itself. As of now, latest AGENT version compatible with ESET PROTECT 8.1 is also version 8.1.  This correlates with version of AGENT as present in installer created in the console and version check.