3 False Phone Locked Screens

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

On the 26th and 29th and once prior I side-button-press woke my Note 10 phone and saw a Locked Screen -- and a back arrow gives me the Suspicious Activity message below -- The first two have Not occurred and I don't know how to check the "removed from device Administrators" (was not me if done). In all cases my phone is usable but I'd like to Stop the false Screens.

Could an Installed App be causing this (remote snooping, etc.) --- and How do you check if possible?

ESET Anti-Theft has recorded suspicious activity on your device Samsung SM-N970U.
It might have been one of the following:
  • Someone entered an incorrect lock screen code
  • Someone has removed the SIM card and inserted another one
  • ESET Mobile Security has been removed from Device Administrators

If you don't know the location of the device, sign in to your my.eset.com account at https://anti-theft.eset.com and confirm it as Missing. ESET Anti-Theft will start monitoring the activity on the device to help you find out its position.
Edited by COStark26

• Administrators
  • Solution

Please open a support ticket via the built-in form, describe the issue and let logs to be submitted to ESET for perusal.

A disappointing Sppt Reply simply Gave Links to Show How to Uninstall or Reinstall the app; Not a word about my issue.

Presume AI sent that and I asked for another Reply from a person.......

• Administrators

Re. " I side-button-press woke my Note 10 phone and saw a Locked Screen -- and a back arrow gives me the Suspicious Activity message below", when the screen is locked no pin or drawing a pattern is required to unlock it? Simply pressing the side button unlocks it?

I usually have to do a Finger Print or enter a Code after Wake-up. When I get this Phone Locked screen I start pressing anything logical and it ultimately gets back to a desktop - embarrassing but I can't recall when I see the desktop If I had to do the finger-print.

When I posted this I didn't know there was an ESET Folder in my Note 10 Picture gallery with about 20 pictures, mostly Blurs BUT a few of me driving with the phone in a cup holder recess. So from a March 4 Suspicious activity email I saved to Mar 26 & 29 occurrences something made ESET think it needed to take pictures.

Mon-Wed-Fri 9 am weekly Smart scans have run forever and a In-Depth Scan just now shows nothing. The App and my Note 10 functioning seem normal, otherwise. I understand Sppt can't auto-know what's going on, and after a 2nd Reply to run the Scan, I'll just wait & see IF it happens again, and save the data.

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by COStark26

Marcos, in the Anti-Theft Activity Log I found several days with Incorrect Lock Code Entries followed by pics, location found, device recovered, and an AT&T Mobility LLC entry that MAY be a reaction to the Suspicious Activity ESET declares, OR maybe part of the cause.

I Am SURE I did Not make multi-entries of the Lock Code, which I usually Only make from Phone Off at night to Phone On in morning; Wants Code only at morning Off to On - but I use Finger-Print other times.

I'll see if Sppt can make sense of the Activity pics I sent them But amazingly I don't recall having to re-Enter the Lock Code like is shown - ever.