Default Login ESET File Security for Linux Web Interface

Go to solution Solved by kurco,

Hello,
From a police in Security Management Center I activated the web interface for ESET File Security for Linux clients.
I have configured the socket, the certifcat and the mdp. I have good access to the interface but cannot connect because I have to enter a login but I did not have to configure it. I tried "admin", "root", "eset" with the password defined in the policy but it does not work.
What is this default login?
Regards,

I do not have / do not use this file because the configuration of my Antivirus programs on my linux workstations is managed by an agent which communicates with a central server. I was able to activate the agent's web interface with a policy corresponding to the installed antivirus program.

image.thumb.png.498b0c2f063336a87fa03e277f938458.png

• ESET Staff
1 hour ago, MatthieuB said:

Hello,
From a police in Security Management Center I activated the web interface for ESET File Security for Linux clients.
I have configured the socket, the certifcat and the mdp. I have good access to the interface but cannot connect because I have to enter a login but I did not have to configure it. I tried "admin", "root", "eset" with the password defined in the policy but it does not work.
What is this default login?
Regards,

Hello

When you want to enable the web interface from ESMC steps are as follows:

- you will create policy to enable Web Interface

image.png

Assign policy to client:

image.png

Then you have to generate certificate, so you create new client task to generate certificate and password:

image.png

-r is for generating certificate and --password is password:

image.png

Then again you choose target:

image.png

And its done :)

Edited by J.J.

Hello,

I created a policy as shown and applied it to my machine:

image.thumb.png.2264f641cb4ec53a4fca1466efcd6cd8.png

I configured a password and a certificate with its valid key on our internal domain (wildcard)

With this configuration I manage to connect to the machine in https on port 10001 and I have to enter a login and a password. This is where I am blocking, what is this login? In the policy, only the entry of a password is proposed to me.

The certificate sent to me is the one indicated in the policy

image.thumb.png.54eb7517ccbbda39d76224bc5018bc75.png

Regards,

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

Hi MatthieuB,

EFS web interface login name is "Administrator" and it's the only supported user for now (can't be changed locally or from ESMC). 

To summary it, if you are installing EFS locally by default web interface is enabled, self-signed certificates are generated and user/pass shown at the end of installation (due to security password is shown only once when generated). If you run setgui without parameters you will see the configuration, but password is hidden.

Remote installation is different. Web interface is by default disabled and also self-signed certificates generation is skipped. Therefore web interface needs to be enabled and configured through policy or by executing setgui command.

Regards,