Stagefreight Not Detected

How is it that Eset didn't pick up on the stagefreight on my phone?  Even with the Stagefreight detector.  If you want to see the whole log you can see it on my YouTube page along with the what these hackers have done to destroy my life.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyZ_2CBMwz8

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 5.06.56 PM.png

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

It has been a few years since I have looked at this, but are you absolutely certain that your Google Pixel 4 phone (released in 2019, last security update three days ago) is vulnerable to this bug which was patched five years ago?  Are you certain this just isn't some log file entry which happens to contain the word "stagefright" in it for some reason, like confirming that a patch for it is indeed present?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Administrators

Applications on Android are quite limited in terms of functionality. Antivirus can detect malicious applications and files but it cannot access SMS/MMS or check network communication for instance. These are limitations of the operating system.

As Wiki says: Stagefright is the name given to a group of software bugs that affect versions 2.2 "Froyo" of the Android operating system. It's hard to believe that you would have such an old version of Android. It's not even supported by ESET so you would not install EMS on it either.

• Most Valued Members
23 hours ago, SuperfishVictim said:

How is it that Eset didn't pick up on the stagefreight on my phone?  Even with the Stagefreight detector.  If you want to see the whole log you can see it on my YouTube page along with the what these hackers have done to destroy my life.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyZ_2CBMwz8

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 5.06.56 PM.png

I've looked at some of your videos and unsure if they actually point to anything. Your last one for example shows apparently why you can't ignore the hackers showing loads of notifications on start up but because of the way it is filmed you can't see what the notifications are.

On one video you seem to be showing running things as examples of being hacked but these are things that android needs to operate. Have you thought about finding someone with the same device and seeing what they have running?

Edited by peteyt

Guys, First of all I want to thank you for looking into my extremely serious situation.  Second, I want you all to know that I am no expert on Android nor a programmer by any means.  My videos are poorly made, this is because I have been hacked and harassed by a group of people for almost 6 years now 

It all started when I saw Superfish running on my device and began to blog people about the dangers   Since then I have been harassed every minute of every hour of every day   These hackers have literally destroyed every aspect of my life   All relationships have suffered irreversible damage and my career shattered   What I am going to share with all of you is truly unbelievable and if I read my the claims I am about to make, I would most definitely without a doubt call Bologna and ask for proof.  I know that Alot of my videos are useless and make me look like a fool.  For that I can only apologize, but please remember these people, this group has me so spun that I really don't know how in God's name they can gain access to my devices with such ease and completely control all of my communications.

I think It would be best if I showed you some more indisputable evidence of the daily torture that I am subjected to in hopes I can gain someone's attention that would also be curious to how they are accomplishing these unbelievable atrocities.  

I do consider myself an educated man and Yes, I am absolutely 100% positive that there is still an exploit and they are literally on my device as we speak.  Now, I know you all should find these next two videos, lets say odd.  You all know what happens when you type in Netstat -a.    Well, Ladies and Gentlemen my computer's Wifi indicated that I did not even have an Internet connection when I type in Netstat -a.  And you can fast forward to about 30 that is when you will see what 90% of people I show call "IMPOSSIBLE"!  Please type into Google, "Big Thanks to Lenovo for Pre installed Spyware.     

Next I was trying to defend a poor girl would was just asking for help in a blog stating her Chromebook had been hacked.  Well after some of the developers told her to shut up and have a drink.  I had to post "Chromebook hacked in Debbie Lincoln's Defense".   I pray that one of those gets someones attention and if not, I have 5 years of different "UNBELIEVABLE" Iincidents.  Like when they crashed the entire Apple Store when I walked in, with a Level 2 Internet Security advisor from Apple on Screen share as well as the Apple Store managers reaction when It did happen.  Thank you all very much and at the risk of being heckled at, I am truly in tears right now for I honestly can tell you that I do not think I can withstand another month of this.  And my Father's recommending that I drive my vehicle up beeline freeway, find a secluded area , run a garden hose from the muffler into the interior of the vehicle, seal the windows with duck tape and go to sleep had been extremely difficult for me to hear from my ole Hero himself.  I am sorry for stating that, I guess I was just trying to let everyone know just how serious of a situation this is for me.

Edited by SuperfishVictim
Just wanted to let them know I would doubt any claims that I stated if I were them verse call anyone. Initially I had written B.S. but the whole word and and I am sorry for that

I also would like to do a demonstration of this for anyone that would like to watch.  I also have $313 left to my name and will bet it all that it will happen again.  What I mean by "It" is, that any Network I walk into, I.E. Walmart, Best Buy, Office Max, Apple Store (keep in mind this is also without even logging in the network with Airplane mode on Bluetooth off) that the second I walk even within 30 feet of ANY Network, that it will be immediately compromised, 3 Net Bots will be activated, as well as a surgoate System 32 Program will come to life and my device will be Nuked.  I live in Phoenix AZ and would truly love to prove this to ANYONE at ANYTiME.  I would even go as far as doing this demonstration with not one electronic device on my person while paying cash.  But, Please do not take this as me trying to be boastful in any way, shape or form, I am extremely embarrassed that it does happen and to be as Frank as possible am only even sharing this information in hopes that I can save or prevent, even if it is one person from going through what I have experienced Since December 23, 2014 when I was given a Lenovo Laptop by my dear wonderful Mother that will not speak to me any longer.  For these people have already killed me and my drive as well as core.  What keeps me Blogging and breathing is to only help others at this point.

Stagefright Detector is designed to keep you informed about the status of your device.

Stagefright Detector will not fix the vulnerability, because the vulnerability can only be fixed once a patch is released by Google, your carrier or your device manufacturer, which typically is delivered through a System Update. To check if a patch is available for most Android devices, go to Settings and click System Updates.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.stagefrightdetector&hl=en_US

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
21 hours ago, SuperfishVictim said:

Guys, First of all I want to thank you for looking into my extremely serious situation.  Second, I want you all to know that I am no expert on Android nor a programmer by any means.  My videos are poorly made, this is because I have been hacked and harassed by a group of people for almost 6 years now 

It all started when I saw Superfish running on my device and began to blog people about the dangers   Since then I have been harassed every minute of every hour of every day   These hackers have literally destroyed every aspect of my life   All relationships have suffered irreversible damage and my career shattered   What I am going to share with all of you is truly unbelievable and if I read my the claims I am about to make, I would most definitely without a doubt call Bologna and ask for proof.  I know that Alot of my videos are useless and make me look like a fool.  For that I can only apologize, but please remember these people, this group has me so spun that I really don't know how in God's name they can gain access to my devices with such ease and completely control all of my communications.

I think It would be best if I showed you some more indisputable evidence of the daily torture that I am subjected to in hopes I can gain someone's attention that would also be curious to how they are accomplishing these unbelievable atrocities.  

I do consider myself an educated man and Yes, I am absolutely 100% positive that there is still an exploit and they are literally on my device as we speak.  Now, I know you all should find these next two videos, lets say odd.  You all know what happens when you type in Netstat -a.    Well, Ladies and Gentlemen my computer's Wifi indicated that I did not even have an Internet connection when I type in Netstat -a.  And you can fast forward to about 30 that is when you will see what 90% of people I show call "IMPOSSIBLE"!  Please type into Google, "Big Thanks to Lenovo for Pre installed Spyware.     

Next I was trying to defend a poor girl would was just asking for help in a blog stating her Chromebook had been hacked.  Well after some of the developers told her to shut up and have a drink.  I had to post "Chromebook hacked in Debbie Lincoln's Defense".   I pray that one of those gets someones attention and if not, I have 5 years of different "UNBELIEVABLE" Iincidents.  Like when they crashed the entire Apple Store when I walked in, with a Level 2 Internet Security advisor from Apple on Screen share as well as the Apple Store managers reaction when It did happen.  Thank you all very much and at the risk of being heckled at, I am truly in tears right now for I honestly can tell you that I do not think I can withstand another month of this.  And my Father's recommending that I drive my vehicle up beeline freeway, find a secluded area , run a garden hose from the muffler into the interior of the vehicle, seal the windows with duck tape and go to sleep had been extremely difficult for me to hear from my ole Hero himself.  I am sorry for stating that, I guess I was just trying to let everyone know just how serious of a situation this is for me.

I probably shouldn't keep replying but all I can say is I don't know about the netstat video but as I mentioned about the android one the services you disabled are not examples of a hack but key OS ones. All the error popups make sense if you are disabling key stuff without knowing their purpose as you are basically baulking the system. Without clear evidence there's nothing much anyone can do. 

For example you have a video showing you can't take calls on one phone but on another video I've included your disabling key parts of Android including carrier services which would explain why your phone can't take calls. The video clearly shows android warning you that you shouldn't disable it 

Edited by peteyt