Hi,

My name is David Jones I have been trying for over 1 year to get the WhiteSmoke software approved with ESET as it is a False Postive, I have emailed the labs many times with everything they require

but never seem to get any answer. I have scanned the software on Virustotal.com

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f57a29cfe6bcc76cacc36916a4d7f1a6feeba772026627afdd8e010f828e82d8/analysis/1369692107/

It comes up with only ESET as blocking it, Please can the software be approved as ESET has blocked the application servers and website.

I can assure you we are trusted company (Etruste) and there is no virus or anything that is installed without the users permission. i do understand this might not be the right place

to post this but I plead with ESET to give us an answer on anything we can do to get this unblocked. Please let me know if you require anything.

I really hope we can move forward as I know ESET is a trusted name in the Anti Virus industry.

Many thanks

David Jones

I don't want to sell the software here as that isn't the idea although it is a full proof reading software that corrects your Grammar, spelling and puncuation to a very advanced level.

• Most Valued Members

you don't get a answer from the eset labs probably because they find the file as true malware, and not a false positive.

i tried to access the page but it was blocked from my eset smart security.

as mentioned above we have spoken to almost every AV and they have regarded it as a false postive the reason you can't access it is because ESET blocked whitesmoke thus the reason for this post. If you check us out on Virustotal.com you will see that no other comapny has us blocked only ESET and I can assure everything that there is no malware within the software.

hope to get this sorted soon.

David Jones

• Administrators

The software in question is not detected as malware (ie. virus, trojan, etc.) but as a potentially unwanted application (PUA). The software was analyzed in ESET's malware research lab and was found to meet criteria for PUA detection. Detection of PUA is fully optional and it's up to the user if they want to opt for detection or not. Even with PUA detection enabled, the user can exclude the application from scanning so that it's not detected.

Having said that, we'll draw this thread to a close.