ESET not recognized by Windows Security and Maintenance after 13.1.16 update

I updated to the latest build of ESET around an hour ago, and checked Windows Security and Maintenance to make sure everything was working properly. On the Security and Maintenance window, it shows ESET's antivirus and firewall as being off, and selecting the option to turn them on does nothing. The splash page for ESET appears normally on start-up and the ESET application itself says that both the antivirus and firewall are okay. It seems that the ESET app is functioning without any issues, but I am a bit concerned that Windows seems to think otherwise.

• Administrators

What OS do you use? On Windows 10 there is no "Security and maintenance" window and EIS 13.1.16 is correctly registered in WSC:

image.png

I am using Windows 10 build 1909. The included image shows the Start menu selection for the Security and Maintenance window I am referring to.

SaM.png

• ESET Staff

Hello @Kirbo ,

Could you also post a screenshot of the issue?

Could you also check ESET event log and check if there are some messages about failures with Windows Security Center?

Thanks,

Jozef

Edited by JozefG

The event log doesn't show any conflicts with WSC. The WSC shows that it recognizes that ESET is on the computer, but does not recognize it as being 'on'. Is there any way for me to rollback to v13.0 for now?

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Kirbo said:

The WSC shows that it recognizes that ESET is on the computer, but does not recognize it as being 'on'.

Any screen shot of this?

In WSC Threat & Protection section, the following screen shot would show that Eset Security is turned on:

311890268_WD_VT.thumb.png.ab5d8b7e6414d15990483e824804e1fc.png

Next mouse click on "Manage providers." It should show the following noting that Eset Security is the active real-time AV solution and Eset Firewall is the active firewall solution:

WD_Security_Providers.thumb.png.4ffc0a889a4b9618fb1a2e8d46c32c5c.png

Edited by itman

ESET is recognized by WSC but is not recognized as being 'on' and trying to turn it on from the WSC does nothing.

DnBCZ2w.jpg

3 hours ago, Kirbo said:

On the Security and Maintenance window, it shows ESET's antivirus and firewall as being off, and selecting the option to turn them on does nothing.

As far as what S & M in Win 10 1909 should be displaying, it should be deferring to Windows Security Center per the below screen shot:

1515481549_Win_SM.png.93b2dfab022287d56dc6a8466f5ae0f8.png

• ESET Staff

@Kirbo Can you please take a screenshot of modules?

Make sure you have this one present in the list

image.png

Edited by JozefG

Looking at the modules list, it appears that the one you listed isn't present. I haven't connected the computer in question to the internet ever since the update as I was unsure if everything was working properly. Is it safe to assume then that this missing module will be downloaded if I connect to the internet and update ESET?

• Administrators

The module must be present as long as you have v13 installed. Please provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

• ESET Staff
9 hours ago, Kirbo said:

As I stated earlier, the Security Center integration module is not listed.OrIdBeK.thumb.jpg.4915e41a8a28ad9040db89da3ecae812.jpg

In that case please run update and let the module to be downloaded.

As name of this module suggests it is responsible with integration within Windows Security Center.