EDR Compliance question

tmuster2k

I have customer who is doing compliance and they need to see if they are EDR compliance using our ESET products. 

They have ENDPOINT AV + File Security. I googled EDR and ESET and it comes up mentioning ESET Enterprise Inspector. 

To be fully EDR compliant do you have to have this specific product called ENTERPRISE Inspector or does the ENDPOINT AV provide this protection? 

• Administrators

As you have found out, ESET's EDR solution is called ESET Enterprise Inspector. It gathers data from the EEI agent that retrieves it from the ESET security product installed on machines, evaluates it based on pre-defined and custom rules and provides administrator with insight into what's going on in the network while giving options to terminate suspicious processes or block suspicious files instantly within the network.

EEI has its own forum here: https://forum.eset.com/forum/82-eset-enterprise-inspector-edr/

• ESET Staff

Hello @tmuster2k. I was searching for the term "EDR compliance" and was not able to find any results. Do you know, what exactly he means with this term, as it obviously not refers to any standard like PCI/DSS, HIPAA or other compliance standards, which have direct implications on how the Endpoint solution is being used. 

So therefore, please check with the customer, what he means with that, as it is no official term (at least not known to us before). 

Standard endpoint AV is not an EDR solution, meaning it only blocks the known malicious activity, and does allow "back to the root" analysis, like it´s possible with EDR solution. 

Thanks for the information guys. I will pass this along to customer. 

@Michalj  - Customer said he was doing compliance form and one of the questions was asking if the security solution they used was EDR Compliant or not. So I assume from Marcos response that based on that fact they are not using EEI that they are not EDR compliant. Would that be correct?