Jump to content

Main "You are protected" screen keeps popping up every few minutes


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Since we have no clue as to what screen you mean, please post a screen shot of it for clarification.

my bad, I meant this screen keeps popping up every few minutes even though I'm not running any scans: quitthat.png.7503819f37a23564422a9af966fff0fe.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

That's really weird. Egui.exe should not be running at all, only eguiproxy.exe should.

Do you have the latest v12.1.31 installed? Have you already tried uninstalling it and installing it from scratch?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is not an isolated instance. Another user posted same issue here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/18952-you-are-protected/

Did you install Eset from scratch, or was this an in-program upgrade to ver. 12.1.31? What Eset ver. was installed prior to 12.1.31?

 

Edited by itman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, itman said:

This is not an isolated instance. Another user posted same issue here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/18952-you-are-protected/

Did you install Eset from scratch, or was this an in-program upgrade to ver. 12.1.31? What Eset ver. was installed prior to 12.1.31?

installed ESET Internet Security 2 months ago, always automatically installed the latest updates (so most likely 12.1.30 installed before 12.1.31), and didn't have this problem until a few days ago.

thought it was a "Display Notification/Alert" issue so I turned those off for a bit but I still had this problem.

what's odd is that after reading Marcos' post I went into Task Manager > Details tab, saw egui.exe was running and then it spontaneously ended and removed itself from Task Manager and I haven't had this popping up problem since.

Edited by confusedbloke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Moderators

Hello guys,

can you please try to rename eguiActivation.dll to eguiActivation.dll.old in the Safe mode and report back, if it helps? 

The default path to it is C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\eguiActivation.dll 

Regards, P.R.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

If you are able to reproduce it easily, please carry on as follows:
- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Details for technical support
image.png

- reboot the machine
- start recording a demonstration video
- reproduce the issue (avoid unnecessary network communication to keep logs as small as possible)
- disable advanced logging and stop recording the video
- gather logs with ESET Log Collector and supply us with the generated archive and video for perusal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Also are you able to reproduce it after uninstalling ESET completely and installing v12.1 from scratch without changing any default settings?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2019 at 6:36 AM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello guys,

can you please try to rename eguiActivation.dll to eguiActivation.dll.old in the Safe mode and report back, if it helps? 

The default path to it is C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\eguiActivation.dll 

Regards, P.R.

Looks like this worked. Every time I disconnected a USB drive the gui window would open. Also opened after updates to definitions. Renamed the .dll and so far no popups when mounting and disconnecting USB drives. Will have to wait to see if it stops after definition updates as it updated earlier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

Also are you able to reproduce it after uninstalling ESET completely and installing v12.1 from scratch without changing any default settings?

Hello, 

I started to experience this issue after one of the latest software (not virus definition) updates. I am 99% sure it's caused by the virus definition update. Every single time the ESET Internet Security window spontaneously pops up in front and steals window focus, it says that the latest update happened "1 minute ago". 

So one of the recent updates causes ESET Internet Security Window pop up every single time an update is performed.

To make sure this is reproduced, I had one computer scan notification in the UI which I did not dismiss, so perhaps that's another condition that needs to be met for this to occur. Basically:

1, Having a notification about computer scan that has not been dismissed

2, Having ESET Internet Security window closed (Only present on Windows tray)

3, On the next virus definition update, ESET Internet Security window will spontaneously pop up in front of all the other Windows along with the Windows notification "ding" sound.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rawalanche said:

Hello, 

I started to experience this issue after one of the latest software (not virus definition) updates. I am 99% sure it's caused by the virus definition update. Every single time the ESET Internet Security window spontaneously pops up in front and steals window focus, it says that the latest update happened "1 minute ago". 

So one of the recent updates causes ESET Internet Security Window pop up every single time an update is performed.

To make sure this is reproduced, I had one computer scan notification in the UI which I did not dismiss, so perhaps that's another condition that needs to be met for this to occur. Basically:

1, Having a notification about computer scan that has not been dismissed

2, Having ESET Internet Security window closed (Only present on Windows tray)

3, On the next virus definition update, ESET Internet Security window will spontaneously pop up in front of all the other Windows along with the Windows notification "ding" sound.

I can confirm that it only seems to appear when you haven't dismissed virus scan results and they are still showing in the computer scan menu.

It started happening here a few days ago and it caught my attention that I didn't remember seeing it on the day I didn't scan anything. Also, it always happens right after a definition update like previously mentioned on this thread.

Hope this gets fixed soon as it is highly disrupting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2019 at 6:36 AM, Peter Randziak said:

Hello guys,

can you please try to rename eguiActivation.dll to eguiActivation.dll.old in the Safe mode and report back, if it helps? 

The default path to it is C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\eguiActivation.dll 

Regards, P.R.

Just chiming in to say that I have the pop-up issue too.

I'll try the Safe Mode fix and let you know if this works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...