INFECTED Computer Cleaned THANK YOU ESET!

DeanAbiePepler

Hello ESET Developers and ESET Security Team

you fixed ESET by updating to v12 which then it was installed and i set it my way and it found 10 VIRUSES removed them... NOW the pc is working ok NOT 100% the image viewer app for windows 7 always crashes when opened what can i do to repair windows 7 ? it was damaged badly like windows media player and other things that are important to the pc

its used for email and OMNI accounts program and creating invoices. please tell me how i can repair the entire computer without formatting the pc! ?

thanks 

Dean.

• Most Valued Members
42 minutes ago, DeanAbiePepler said:

i think the viruses that prevented ESET from installing are the ones that find ESET a threat to them not malwarebytes

Do you have a System Restore point where your PC wasn't infected with any malwares?

50 minutes ago, DeanAbiePepler said:

you fixed ESET by updating to v12 which then it was installed and i set it my way and it found 10 VIRUSES removed them...?

thanks 

Dean.

V12 din not fix anything , was just an upgrade to the new version. V11 failed to detect " 10 VIRUSES "

So, why exactly are you "thanking ESET Developers and ESET Security Team "   ????

• Most Valued Members
Just now, novice said:

V12 din not fix anything , was just an upgrade to the new version. V11 failed to detect " 10 VIRUSES " 

So, why exactly are you "thanking ESET Developers and ESET Security Team "   ????

It could be after a database update ESET was able to detect the 10 threats , or according to what he said , that the malware was preventing ESET from doing it's job, maybe the malware was able to disable ESET ability to scan/realtime scan and detect the threats , by installing v12 as far as I imagine ESET was able to run it's engines to be able to scan and detect.

Try to find a good System Restore point where your computer was running good without any troubles and malware , restore to that point , upgrade ESET to v12 , fully scan your PC inorder to check if there is malware around or not.

6 hours ago, Rami said:

It could be after a database update ESET was able to detect the 10 threats , or ...maybe the malware was able to disable ESET ability to scan/realtime scan and detect the threats ...

Either way, I cannot see a reason to " thanking ESET Developers and ESET Security Team " ; in fact if a malware was able to disable ESET, is a big failure...

8 hours ago, DeanAbiePepler said:

i think the viruses that prevented ESET from installing are the ones that find ESET a threat to them not malwarebytes

It is really hard to figure out what you are saying. Did you finally get Eset ver. 12 installed and as part of its initial scan it found and deleted the "viruses" you are referring to?

8 hours ago, DeanAbiePepler said:

NOW the pc is working ok NOT 100% the image viewer app for windows 7 always crashes when opened

Read a number of web postings indicating either updating your graphics drivers or, reinstalling them if no update is available, often eliminates this issue.

• Administrators

It could be that they were PUAs or some malware in an archive which were detected by v12 after PUA detection was enabled or a full disk scan / initial scan was run. Since v11 and v12 have the same detection capabilities, there's no reason why malware would not have been detected by v11 but would be detected with v12.

11 minutes ago, Marcos said:

or a full disk scan / initial scan was run

My vote is on this activity since the last Eset ver. 11 detected some test malware of my PC after I reinstalled it after a Win 10 reset install. The files were detected by the initial scan and were not archived but were indeed Powershell scripts. 

• Most Valued Members
13 hours ago, novice said:

Either way, I cannot see a reason to " thanking ESET Developers and ESET Security Team " ; in fact if a malware was able to disable ESET, is a big failure...

Well in my own experience , ESET was able to protect me most of the times even though that sometimes MalwareBytes picked up things that ESET didn't , but I still trust ESET and stopped using MalwareBytes , but I do understand that we all make mistakes and so do ESET , even if sometimes you get infected, it might be not ESET fault , Indeed you pay for the service for it to protect your systems , but still threats in the World are getting born and made everyday , so it's quite hard to stay up-to-date with all of the threats and also you need help from your users by sending you samples whether it was automatically or manually

I never had a malware that was able to disable ESET , but I think they can work around it and disable it if a malware maker wanted to do that , for Windows Defender it's so simple , you just add a registry key to the regedit , and then Defender is disabled.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:40 PM, Rami said:

Do you have a System Restore point where your PC wasn't infected with any malwares?

i deleted all system restore points when it was working it improves system performance

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, DeanAbiePepler said:

i deleted all system restore points when it was working it improves system performance

I don't know about the system performance but as far as I know that it would only free up some disk space if you remove restore points but not other performance benefits

Check this website and skip to step 3 since you have Windows 7  : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

If you have the ISO or disc of Windows 7 , you can do a Startup Repair and see if it can fix some files , you can check this website here it's explained how it's done : https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-perform-a-startup-repair-in-windows-7-2626170

Edited by Rami

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/4/2018 at 11:55 AM, DeanAbiePepler said:

Hello ESET Developers and ESET Security Team

you fixed ESET by updating to v12 which then it was installed and i set it my way and it found 10 VIRUSES removed them... NOW the pc is working ok NOT 100% the image viewer app for windows 7 always crashes when opened what can i do to repair windows 7 ? it was damaged badly like windows media player and other things that are important to the pc iTunes Mobdro TutuApp

its used for email and OMNI accounts program and creating invoices. please tell me how i can repair the entire computer without formatting the pc! ?

thanks 

Dean.

Edited by ISHOULI