New build on Pre Release today

DinGo

NOD32 automatically installed a new build on Pre Release updates today, version 10.1.217.0.  I'd been away from the PC for a while but when I returned NOD32 was asking for a restart.

Everything running fine so far :)

12 hours ago, jadinolf said:

Do you see anything different?

Just curious.

I've not noticed anything different yet.

• Administrators

I reckon the new version should have the option to pause/resume protection in the tray menu and also gamer mode notifications should be fixed besides other improvements and fixes under the hood.

47 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I reckon the new version should have the option to pause/resume protection in the tray menu and also gamer mode notifications should be fixed besides other improvements and fixes under the hood.

No Marcos, those options are not there.

nod32.png.23f77e64c1a7acfd7013ec864698a95f.png

Hi Marcos, how come in your reply you say the new version "SHOULD"  have this or that, surely as you work for the company you should know exactly what is or isn't in the new version. If you don't know then ask before posting!!!!!!!!!! otherwise not very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, jadinolf said:

About time BUT where or WHEN do we get it?

Switch to pre-release updates in the advanced setup and then check for a newer product version in the Update pane to get v10.1.219 installed. Or you can wait a few more days until it's distributed to all v10 users.

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

Switch to pre-release updates in the advanced setup and then check for a newer product version in the Update pane to get v10.1.219 installed. Or you can wait a few more days until it's distributed to all v10 users.

Thank you Marcos. I was unaware of that.

Really appreciated.:)

6 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Finally! Thanks dude

As far as I know Phoenix it's now been released to everyone not just pre-release

And will you just upgrade from version 10.1.210.2 to we'll have to do it manually as the last time?

Because I still see many Pcs with version 10.0.390.0.

Today's update ruined my laptop :wacko: blocking internet , freezing , a lots of deleted system files error :(

fortunately it fixed by system restore:)

1 hour ago, Hijin25 said:

And will you just upgrade from version 10.1.210.2 to we'll have to do it manually as the last time?

It updated automatically this time but there's no harm in doing it manually.

• ESET Moderators
3 hours ago, Hijin25 said:

The PCU upgrade will work with 10.0.390, and should work now using the instructions here http://support.eset.com/kb758/#version

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Tilo said:

Today's update ruined my laptop, blocking internet , freezing , a lots of deleted system files error

Do you mean update of modules or the program? If the former, there's a known issue with very old and already unsupported products (v3, v4) that may occur with a recent update of the Antivirus and antispyware module. If you mean update of the program itself, what version did you upgrade from? An older v10 or v9 or older? Also it's not clear what you mean by "a lots of deleted system files" as ESET would not detect files unless they are malicious. It could be that a detection for a virus (file infector) was added and the virus started to be detected on your system but without logs it's just a speculation.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Do you mean update of modules or the program? If the former, there's a known issue with very old and already unsupported products (v3, v4) that may occur with a recent update of the Antivirus and antispyware module. If you mean update of the program itself, what version did you upgrade from? An older v10 or v9 or older? Also it's not clear what you mean by "a lots of deleted system files" as ESET would not detect files unless they are malicious. It could be that a detection for a virus (file infector) was added and the virus started to be detected on your system but without logs it's just a speculation.

product update ver 10.1.219.0

since i restored it , i just have restore info . it shows which version i had

Clip_167.jpg

update was from 10.0.390.0 to 10.1.219.0

deleted system file error : Firefox . IE . Telegram . online game