ESET Multi-Device Internet Security for Mac, Windows, & Android

This question is directed to both forum posters and moderators:

I own a licensed version of ESET Multi-Device Internet Security which covers my MacBook Air, Windows HP Pavilion laptop, and any Android device I may add.  This suite covers most of my devices (except my iPad and iPhone), now, I am wondering if this will also cover my Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8. I recently installed the Android portion from Amazon's App Store onto my Kindle Fire HD 8 and the installation was error free, However, when I check and manage my devices online, I see that although my Kindle is visible, it states that my Kindle installation is not manageable. Is there a proper way to install the software and activate it so that it is manageable? I don't recall the exact difficulties I encountered, but it may be a combination of lack of theft protection or manageability.  Any advice that may facilitate this, is welcome.  If what I am attempting is impossible at the current time, then I would welcome that information also. Perhaps I need to set my Kindle's installation protocols to accept installation from the ESET store in addition to Amazon's App Store?

Anyway, if someone has done this or has attempted this and discovered some incompatibility, that news would also be welcome.  If a moderator can point me to a White Page on the subject, I would also appreciate that also.  In short, I would welcome any advice.

Regards

Jack's_Son

• ESET Moderators

Regarding Amazon Kindle Fire HD, in the EMS FAQ (#12) it says

All applicable features and functions of ESET Mobile Security for Android are compatible with tablets running Android version 4 and later. Anti-Theft and SMS & Call Filter are not available on tablets that do not support calling or messaging.

And Will ESET Mobile Security for Android work on my Tablet device? also lists the limitations when installing on Kindle device. 

I'm trying to find specific information regarding what you wrote:

it states that my Kindle installation is not manageable.

If you can provide a screenshot of that on my.eset.com, that would help. 

Okay, from what I can determine, Anti-Theft will not work because my Kindle, although it can receive messages via Verizon's Messaging Service but does NOT allow calls, is exempt from the Anti-Theft capability.  However, I DID get it to work one time, but cannot seem to be able to replicate the process. I sent out a Test (for a missing device) and after a few minutes, it showed a map of my block. So, it CAN work, just not consistently. I'm going to try and find the right combination to get it to work more than once. Thanks for the tips.

p.s Any idea when the Phishing component if/will work with Kindle's Silk browser? 

Screenshot 2017-05-10 05.29.46.png

Edited by Jack's_Son
Redundant words.

Hi foneil,

I installed the app from the Amazon Appstore.  I'll try to follow the steps from that link (apk) and see if it works consistently. I tried late last night (again, Appstore) and noticed that I received a request to reply to my Test probe early this morning. I'll let you know the results.

Jack's_Son

Edited by Jack's_Son
Clarified which source was being used when