Issues with Repository?

We've been upgrading Agents over the past few days without issue. This morning, we're seeing random failures in the agent upgrade task:

GetFile: Failed to process HTTP request (error code: 20017, HTTP response code: 503, url: 'hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1//com/eset/apps/business/eea/mac/metadata')

I've verified that this URL is accessible. We're having about a 45% success rate.

We have not made any changes to our firewall and we have plenty of bandwidth. Are there issues with the Repository?

• ESET Staff

I think that this was caused by repository content update (= seems latest EEA/EES for MAc OS X has been added as MichalJ promised). Matadata file that was temporarily unavailable in repository and caused your failures contains metadata for updated products. I would recommend to re-run task on failed client computers.

Thanks for the reply.

It cleared up yesterday at some point and I was successfully upgrading OS X agents in the afternoon.

This morning, all agent upgrades are failing with a similar error, but the error code is now 20019.

Not sure what's going on here...

Trying to deploy Windows agent now and getting: 

GetFile: Failed to download 'hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1//info.meta' with response code 0

• ESET Staff
11 minutes ago, j-gray said:

Trying to deploy Windows agent now and getting: 

GetFile: Failed to download 'hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1//info.meta' with response code 0

This error was present in ERA (6.4), and was triggered by bug in "proxy fallback" mechanism. If this is the case, it means that download through HTTP proxy failed, and another attempt by-passing HTTP proxy failed with mentioned error. Are you using HTTP proxy? Could you check whether it is running properly?

We're using the Apache http proxy. The only test I know is the hxxp://localhost:3128/index.html page, which reports, "It works!"

In the Apache error log file, I'm seeing two errors frequently:

[cache_disk:warn] [pid 1256:tid 952] (OS 5)Access is denied.  : [client ] AH00699: rename tempfile to file failed: C:\\ProgramData\\Apache HTTP Proxy\\cache/aptmpRxCsza -> C:\\ProgramData\\Apache HTTP Proxy\\cache/QP/CU/Qo/0F/qtCR3Z315rlfqQ.header.vary/fa/t_/b1/zX/ySi_S1fWgHii2w.data

[proxy:error] [pid 1256:tid 964] [client ] AH00898: DNS lookup failure for: i4.c.eset.com returned by hxxp://i4.c.eset.com:80/
[proxy:error] [pid 1256:tid 1008] [client ] AH00898: DNS lookup failure for: i4.c.eset.com returned by hxxp://i4.c.eset.com:80/
proxy:error] [pid 1256:tid 1012] (OS 10060)A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.  : AH00957: HTTP: attempt to connect to 91.228.166.14:80 (*) failed
[proxy_http:error] [pid 1256:tid 1012] [client ] AH01114: HTTP: failed to make connection to backend: um02.eset.com
[mpm_winnt:warn] [pid 1256:tid 448] (OS 121)The semaphore timeout period has expired.  : AH00341: winnt_accept: Asynchronous AcceptEx failed.
 [mpm_winnt:error] [pid 1256:tid 448] AH00326: Server ran out of threads to serve requests. Consider raising the ThreadsPerChild setting
[proxy_http:error] [pid 1256:tid 748] (OS 10054)An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  : [client ] AH01102: error reading status line from remote server expire.eset.com:80
[proxy:error] [pid 1256:tid 748] [client ] AH00898: Error reading from remote server returned by hxxp://expire.eset.com:80/getlicexp

I'm able to browse to any of the URLs or IPs referenced, so it does not appear to be an access issue.