Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


j-gray last won the day on May 31 2019

j-gray had the most liked content!

Profile Information

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

2,539 profile views
  1. In the ESMC console, go to Help > Update Product It will step you through backing up the required pieces and performing the upgrade.
  2. I found an issue with Reverse DNS in our environment. Once that was fixed and OS X clients started registering, the issue was resolved. So the following appears to be the case: If HostName = abcd, kern.hostname returns abcd If HostName = blank, kern.hostname returns Reverse DNS value (typically FQDN) If Reverse DNS value is not present, kern.hostname returns abcd.local So it seems in order to get this to work, one must either 1) make HostName = FQDN, or 2) leave HostName blank and ensure Reverse DNS registers FQDN.
  3. More testing: if HostName is blank, kern.hostname = computername.local If HostName = computername, kern.hostname = computername So where is kern.hostname getting its value when HostName is blank?
  4. Previous thread for reference below. We used to populate 'HostName' in our imaging script for OS X devices. We found that got populated into kern.hostname and caused clients to report with just hostname and not FQDN. Our fix was to clear the HostName value so it was blank. Then, kern.hostname would actually populate correctly with the FQDN. However, now we're finding that if HostName is set, kern.hostname = HostName. When we clear HostName, kern.hostname becomes %ComputerName%.local and no longer reflects the FQDN. Has the agent behavior changed with later releases? I'm not
  5. This was the case, and I stepped through the dialog presented there. Because it was showing as offline, I didn't think the command would run against it, but it did and is functioning properly now. Thanks again for the help!
  6. Ok, it looks like the task actually ran even though it showed as offline. I think we're good now. Thanks for the help!
  7. Thank you. This got me on the right path. I now recall the ESMC was migrated from Hyper-v to Vmware a few weeks ago. So essentially it was cloned. Now ESMC sees the server as offline, so I'm not sure how to reset it?
  8. Thanks for the clarification, that helps a lot. My console is still prompting me to update the product. How can I tell what it thinks needs to be updated? Or alternatively, if it's a false message, how do I clear it? And/or should I attempt to run the upgrade task again? The server was rebooted after successful completion of the all-in-one installation.
  9. Thanks for the reply. Sorry -I was in a hurry so I just downloaded and ran the all-in-one installer. It completed successfully in about 10 minutes. I guess I prefer this method anyway, as I can actually see what's happening. Bit confusing though; the forum says latest version is The all-in-one download says the same version, as does the changelog. However, I actually ended up with a different version than indicated: ESET Security Management Center (Server), Version 7.2 (7.2.1266.0) ESET Security Management Center (Web Console), Version 7.2 ( Als
  10. Trying to upgrade via the Help menu from version 7.1 (7.1.717.0). The task is created, executions planned = yes, triggers = execute asap. Job status does not change after 30+ minutes. I've rebooted the server and attempted again with the same results. Audit logs only show successful task creation, so I can't tell what is causing the hang up. Any help or suggestions appreciated. TIA.
  11. Exactly. Though I view wake-up call more like wake-on-lan, requiring network broadcast, which is not a good practice across multiple subnets. I'm looking for a simple 'send policy' that doesn't require network broadcast. Even if it's a basic command I can run from the client (remotely).
  12. Description: Mechanism to force policy refresh on client(s) from ERA console. Detail: There doesn't appear to be a way (that I've found) to force a client to pull a new policy. We either have to wait for the policy refresh interval or create a new policy with a shorter refresh interval and apply it. It would be great to have a right-click option from the ERA console to force an immediate policy refresh.
  13. Description: Better method for detecting unmanaged clients Detail: RDS is not a practical solution in environments with multiple LANs, it can't be installed on OS X, and relies on outdated/unsupported software (WinPcap). A simple ping-sweep tool that works across multiple subnets and shows unmanaged clients, or better yet, a dynamic group that does the same so that an agent install task can be run when client joins the group. This would be awesome, especially for OS X where Group Policy automated install is not an option.
  • Create New...