How to run Live Installer via command line

j-gray

I've searched the various documentation with no success.

When I run epi_win_live_installer.exe /silent  it runs silently but fails with error 1602

Per some other documentation, I tried epi_win_live_installer.exe /silent /accepteula which does not run at all and logs nothing.

Am I missing any other secret command line arguments that will get this to work?

• 1 month later...

Circling back on this again to see if anyone has had any luck running agent installs remotely?

• ESET Staff

Could you possibly try with parameters:

--silent --accepteula --avr-disable

to be sure there is no problem with third-party AV detection, that might stop silent deployment once such "conflicting" product is detected.

Also it is possible to double check installer is correct, for example running it in interactive / GUI mode on problematic device?

• 2 weeks later...

@MartinK Thanks for the reply.

In these cases, the only AV that is installed is ESET. We're simply trying to either install or reinstall the agent on Windows desktops that appear to be no longer managed.

I tried the command you provided on my test machine, but it did nothing; no errors, nothing logged in the ESET folder and nothing logged in Windows Event Viewer.

I can run the executable manually without issues, so the file/installer is known good.

The issue appears to be with the "--silent" switch. Nothing happens if I use that switch only.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff
Posted (edited)
On 7/1/2024 at 9:35 PM, j-gray said:

@MartinK Thanks for the reply.

In these cases, the only AV that is installed is ESET. We're simply trying to either install or reinstall the agent on Windows desktops that appear to be no longer managed.

I tried the command you provided on my test machine, but it did nothing; no errors, nothing logged in the ESET folder and nothing logged in Windows Event Viewer.

I can run the executable manually without issues, so the file/installer is known good.

The issue appears to be with the "--silent" switch. Nothing happens if I use that switch only.

Unfortunately I run out of ideas. My last idea is to check, whether installer logs are created. They should be present in %temp%\eset directory, i.e. in the temporary folder of users that is executing installers (so depends how terminal or silent installation is being executed). Every execution of the installer, including interactive should create new set of logs and metadata in this folder.

Also in case not even error is shown, my last idea is that user that "owns" terminal is a standard user, i.e. administrative terminal opened via desktop? Or other method for execution is used. IF a non-standard user is used, it might be possible permissions or access to desktop environment might be missing, but I hope this will be clear from previously mentioned logs once located.

Edited by MartinK