Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by j-gray

  1. I see ESET Endpoint Antivirus for OS X version available in the repository, but find no release notes, nor any mention here. Any info available? Thank you
  2. From support; developers thought it was a reverse lookup issue. From statement above, it would seem like reverse lookup is no longer used by ESET. Once I demonstrated that reverse lookup was functioning properly, support pretty much told me I'd need to figure it out. Can anyone clarify how the 'Rename' task based on FQDN is supposed to work? Thank you.
  3. Thanks for the info. Any idea why the 'Rename Computers' task no longer renames these clients? Restart agent command gave the following and did not seem to do anything: //Contents/Resources/com.eset.remoteadministrator.agent_daemon.plist: No such file or directory //Contents/Resources/com.eset.remoteadministrator.agent_daemon.plist: No such file or directory //Contents/Resources/com.eset.remoteadministrator.restart_agent.plist: No such file or directory
  4. No specific method. Domain is provided by DHCP option to all clients. This value is returned via ifconfig on any OS X client. While the commands above typically return just the hostname, the 'sysctl kern.hostname' returns either just the hostname, or in some cases the FQDN. I don't know how kern.hostname gets set. I can set kern.hostname to the value of the FQDN. In this case, HostName remains as just the hostname (no FQDN). But in this case, I believe I have to uninstall/reinstall the agent for the client to then report the new FQDN properly.
  5. I've opened a case with support (312404) to see what we can do to resolve this issue.
  6. Is there a recommended solution for this issue?
  7. Thanks for the reply. That command returns the hostname only. How do we get the client to properly report FQDN? The problem is that this creates two objects when using AD sync: one object with FQDN and the same object with hostname only. The object with hostname only then gets dumped into Lost & Found. The rename task used to work in the past. We have too many clients to rename every duplicate manually. Is there a workaround?
  8. This task has been configured to run on the 'Lost and Found' container for quite a while and has been working. The task still runs successfully, but we have 60+ Mac's that are not updating their FQDN. The show as hostname only. They reply/resolve on the network with their FQDN. They are in DNS and DHCP with their correct FQDN. Why does ESMC not show their correct FQDN and what can I do to resolve this issue?
  9. Exactly. Though I view wake-up call more like wake-on-lan, requiring network broadcast, which is not a good practice across multiple subnets. I'm looking for a simple 'send policy' that doesn't require network broadcast. Even if it's a basic command I can run from the client (remotely).
  10. Description: Mechanism to force policy refresh on client(s) from ERA console. Detail: There doesn't appear to be a way (that I've found) to force a client to pull a new policy. We either have to wait for the policy refresh interval or create a new policy with a shorter refresh interval and apply it. It would be great to have a right-click option from the ERA console to force an immediate policy refresh.
  11. Description: Better method for detecting unmanaged clients Detail: RDS is not a practical solution in environments with multiple LANs, it can't be installed on OS X, and relies on outdated/unsupported software (WinPcap). A simple ping-sweep tool that works across multiple subnets and shows unmanaged clients, or better yet, a dynamic group that does the same so that an agent install task can be run when client joins the group. This would be awesome, especially for OS X where Group Policy automated install is not an option.
  • Create New...