Future changes to ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Internet Security, ESET Smart Security Premium and ESET Ultimate Security

Advanced System Care..product by IOBit. I hope you like it. Personally I will never install an IOBit product in my PC ever.

I'm not sure but that name rang me a bell and there's a good chance we detect it as PUA :)

That is possible, not sure if you detect ASC itself, but I do know iobit used to have PUA's bundled in all or some of their softwares. And some complained and said it was a "FP". But it wasn't of course.

Edited by SweX

Hello there :)

I was just talking a feature prevent "listen" keystroke, not containing the bank details ... A good old "notebook" and a pencil case will ;)

"I love products that can protect us from "all known and unkown""

You know very well that all companies use marketing, Eset like others elsewhere :)

In "Titan"?

A destructive files, available in the context menu....An password manager, but with local back-up not in the cloud...An the ability to backup data :)

And for the Kids an more complète parental control, in ESS is really minimalist does not allow much.

VigenTests.

Hello,

"I was just talking a feature prevent "listen" keystroke, not containing the bank details ..."

Ah I see, if ESET consider to add something for "banking" then yes that it much better in every possible way. But it will take time to develop to be sure it works to 100%, I mean even products having such features doesn't always work all the time despite that's the intention of these features. It feels like some of them have just put a feature name like that in the feature list even if the feature is half-baked and not ready.

"You know very well that all companies use marketing, Eset like others elsewhere"

I don't call that marketing, that's simply what they say that their product is capable of nothing more nothing less.
I have searched but haven't found anything, but i'm curious and would appreciate if you could point me in the direction where ESET claim something similar? 

"A destructive files, available in the context menu....An password manager, but with local back-up not in the cloud...An the ability to backup data"

1. I assume you mean like a Secure File Deletion function? Can be useful.
2. Password manager, plenty of stand-alone passwords managers available.
3. Backup. same here, plenty of good reliable backup programs available.

IMO 2 and 3 would only make ESS bloated as they have nothing to do with protection and they don't fit the "internet security" product category. Then it would be much better if they released another product having all ESS features + password manager and backup. ESET Total Security or whatever. Personally I don't see the point with these Total products, I imagine that maybe 60% of the product is developed in-house (taken from the AV or IS version) and the rest has been licensed of other companies that are experts at what they do, like backup programs or similar made by a company that are experts on developing backup softwares. I would rather buy the backup software directly from the backup company and that way also get better support, incase the backup "feature" in the AV is working incorrectly you are supposed to contact the AV support to get support for the AV product that you bought, not the backup company. What would happen incase the AV vendor push out a bad update/product update of some kind that could end up affecting the backup function, could be a disaster...some products are best used on their own. No, these products just add extra footprint on the system, not to mention that the download size get's ridiculous.

I dislike when vendors license a program from another company and adds it like a feature in their own product.
Like if a vendor would license Lastpass and add it in their own product as a password manager feature. Instead I am for that the whole product is developed in-house just like ESS. And ESET has a long tradition of in-house development, so if they would add a licensed feature they would break that tradition.

Vendors are lazy when they just "pick" programs and "paste" them in their own programs to launch products that have the most additional features in the hope to gain more customers from the group that want all-in-one products. You mentioned marketing, there you have it right there. They want to sell sell sell so some of them felt the need to create huge products(by licensing) that includes protection, backup, speedup, defrag, banking, secure shopping, software updater, password manager, maintenance tools... and what else you can find in some of them. And its not good since people are now starting to get used to these products as more vendors jump on the "total" and "360" train. So vendors that does not include some features like the ones mentioned above in their products are unfortunately starting to ge more and moret requests to add such features.

Many vendors should go back to the BluePrint to see what company it was
that they started...was it a security software company.....or what was it! 

Thank You.
Edited by SweX

Then it would be much better if they released another product having all ESS features + password manager and backup

No, please no Nor**n 360° (or even ESET 360°)! Please! :(

I would organize a shitstorm!

Edited by rugk

Then it would be much better if they released another product having all ESS features + password manager and backup

That was just an idea (not a suggestion) that I see as a better way than ESET end up adding c rap to ESS. As I like ESS I want to continue to use it without extras being added. But I rather see ESET stay out of the "fluff fluff" product segment altogether of course.

Edited by SweX

That was just an idea (not a suggestion) that I see as a better way than ESET end up adding c rap to ESS. As I like ESS I want to continue to use it without extras being added. But I rather see ESET stay out of the "fluff fluff" product segment altogether of course.

Also if we had ESS and ESET 360°, this would be like Nor**n Internet Security and Nor**n 360°. - No! No! No! Never!

This cra p can stay away! This would require staff and this staff can make better things at ESET!

Edited by rugk

Also if we had ESS and ESET 360°, this would be like Nor**n Internet Security and Nor**n 360°. - No! No! No! Never!

This cra p can stay away! This would require stuff and this stuff can make better things at ESET!

I suggest you re-read the post again. I do Not say that I want ESET take this path and waste resources on it! You should know by now that I am against it, not for it!

Edited by SweX

eset here i have more ideas for eset 8 i hope you undertand and put this dont be so confident because i was cheking the other anti virus have more features that eset  i whant to help this corp 

eset 8 engine 

new eset 8 Engine forensic Vulneravility scan =  this will scan and analise any windows or programs or ect Vulnerability and will tell you were the Vunerability  is and fix it  event if they are dll, exe, framework or other............. 

this vulnerability engine will help you and tell you if there is a Vulnerability  in your sistem or remote or webrowser or any  update corrup or  anything  to  kepyou secure. and fix the problem. 

add a new forensic Vulnerability scan section 

fix network connection of eset 8 is not complete it detail. what i mean is dont show you what program is running and what ( port is running ) dont show process id , dont show protocol tcp or udp  dont show local ip adress form the program you are running for example google crome or internet explore      don tell you is the direction is outbound or inbound what going eset  you run out of ideas 

a haker can simple hide and the network never will show if is there 

eset you can be number 1 but to be honest this beta is a 40% and still alot of thing that need to be remaster and fix and be more detail in network in firewal and other features 

this software need a new desing 

add in firewall active ftp mode 

add notifie and protection if you wirless conection have vuneravility or is bean atack or is bean flood by brute force atack to steal wirlesss password 

add a new engine instant detection network means if a haker is fooding you will detection if is trying to start you webcam hiden will be detected if is trying to spy and active the pc audio to hear and spy and steal data will be detected 

add a new section anti rootkit protection and scan but this scan need to be serpate this will be only rootkit scan section so you scan and will detect all rootkit hidden ect 

new web engine will detect any atack by simple focusing and analise the full code of the web page if somthing is hiden or if the page is washing you  will block any remote port from any age atack and ip and port 

add new engine anti spy this mode will prevent all methsos of spying  and will detect anyting if someone is spying remote or monitor webcam audio ect 

add anti keyloger 

add this list 

make the scan of eset more faster 

more faster firewall detection 

more faster web detection 

instant hips detection sometime =lack

all pop up notifiecation of any feature if detect someting wich beter and full  detail of what is 

fix web SSL incompavility and problems  add a new incription and inpection is is safe 

new intrution prevention to block any atack like /dos atack/ (echo atack) (ping atack)  (ip flood atack)  (brute force atack) ,Man-in the middle atack ,( compromised key attack)  (,Sniffer atack ) application layer attack ) Reconnaissance attack ) ect 

low impact cpu 

low impact ping network

low impact memory 

low impact hardrive 

make all the feature to not degrade the pc perfromance make it faster and low impact 

make this the best anti virus 

thank you 

"dont be so confident because i was cheking the other anti virus have more features that eset"

I take a deep breath and pretend I didn't read this for the 5'th time.

They have more features than the population of north america.

Most are uneeded or redundant.

Sometimes weight things down. Slow systems down & cause unexpected results.

Respectively...

I think that at Eset Smart Security 8 notification icon from status bar can indicate directly security status. At Eset Smart Security 7 if all working good notification is a Green Circle and if is security problem notification is a yellow or red triangle. I recommend at Eset Smart Security 8 notification icon be Green Circle if security working good and change color of circle to yellow or red if maximum protection is not ensured.(without triangles)   

• Most Valued Members

Maybe it's me but I just don't understand the concept of adding more features then needed while requesting the program be faster, smaller and use less resources.

@Arakasi, Iobit does not steal signatures from other vendors, they have a partnership with Bitdefender.

Iobit installation packs sometimes contain toolbars, etc. but does not mean that Iobit is PUA, they working at this and in future will remove additional content from installation pack.

Edited by Octavian

This cra p can stay away! This would require staff and this staff can make better things at ESET!

They have more features than the population of north america.

Most are uneeded or redundant.

Sometimes weight things down. Slow systems down & cause unexpected results.

Respectively...

I think that Eset need to have a ''Titan'' version that  include some premium features. Eset Smart Security will not be Security 360 degrees but may be ''Titan'' version can be with more features.

Features that have been presented above are good but can be little more for Eset Smart Security. I can not say that most of features are redundant or unneeded and it is not correct to say this.

Eset Smart Security is like Internet Security solution, ''Titan'' version can be like Premium Security solution or Total Security solution. 

I would organize a shitstorm!

Eset has 2 versions (Smart Security and NOD32), it is not good to make Eset Smart Security an all in one security solution (360) but Eset can launch 3rd version that represent Premium Security.  

Advanced System Care..product by IOBit. I hope you like it. Personally I will never install an IOBit product in my PC ever.

I'm not sure but that name rang me a bell and there's a good chance we detect it as PUA :)

Iobit should not be detected as PUA, they have in some installation packs toolbars, toolbars are user dependent, and user usually do not install them on computer.

Edited by Octavian

@Arakasi, Iobit does not steal signatures from other vendors, they have a partnership with Bitdefender.

Iobit installation packs sometimes contain toolbars, etc. but does not mean that Iobit is PUA, they working at this and in future will remove additional content from installation pack.

No they may not do that Now. But check their past history please it might give you a clue: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?/topic/29681-iobit-steals-malwarebytes-intellectual-property/

Do you want to support a company like that by using and recommending their software then you are free to do so.

I think that Eset need to have a ''Titan'' version that  include some premium features. Eset Smart Security will not be Security 360 degrees but may be ''Titan'' version can be with more features.

Features that have been presented above are good but can be little more for Eset Smart Security. I can not say that most of features are redundant or unneeded and it is not correct to say this.

Eset Smart Security is like Internet Security solution, ''Titan'' version can be like Premium Security solution or Total Security solution. 

We leave that to ESET to decide. Many members here think they should focus on other more important things than create a monster product that does all sorts of stuff. And yes most of it is indeed redundant and unneeded. Also, if you think about it then i'm sure you'll agree that some products are simply best used as stand-alone and not baked in with loads of other stuff.

Iobit should not be detected as PUA, they have in some installation packs toolbars, toolbars are user dependent, and user usually do not install them on computer.

It doesn't matter if it is a toolbar or something else having an "opt-out" button, it is still bundled with it and thus it will be detected. And FYI that goes for all softwares not only IObit software.

And don't forget that ESET users can also enable/disable PUA detections if they like as they are user optional. 

Read this to better understand what a PUA is: hxxp://virusradar.com/en/glossary/pua

"and user usually do not install them on computer."

Usually not you say? I beg to disagree very strongly when it comes to the average user.

If you only know how much c rap I have seen in peoples browsers. They can be flooded with this stuff. 5 toolbars who needs that?! But that can just be the top of the PUA iceberg when you start to see what other stuff that have sneaked in.

Eset decide about new version. I support idea of an aditional version "Titan" or "Gold" with some premium features(ex: Password Manager) but not a lot that can create confusion or make program hard to use.

• Administrators

I would like to suggest some sort of site advisor. A browser plugin would be great. Not for myself but for newbies. Bitdefefender, Norton, Avast, Avira, Webroot all have them. 

ESET uses a strong web protection instead of dedicated plugins. Thanks to this, the scanner works independently and can check even the communication of potentially running malware, block the payload and thus prevent further damage.

I would like to suggest some sort of site advisor. A browser plugin would be great. Not for myself but for newbies. Bitdefefender, Norton, Avast, Avira, Webroot all have them. 

ESET uses a strong web protection instead of dedicated plugins. Thanks to this, the scanner works independently and can check even the communication of potentially running malware, block the payload and thus prevent further damage.

You clearly are not understanding the difference between web protection and a browser plugin. I am talking about a site advisor. Such as WOT. It rates sites in your Google search and gives you a trust rating. Also shows the site rating in your browser bar. All the antiviruses I mentioned have web protection. So does Avast. But they all also include a site advisor. 

Edited by LabVIEW707

I don't understand why some users feel is it so important to have a "traffic light" system for search results.

Even if the AV shows the link as "red" nothing will prevent the user from accessing the site anyway.

And I guess some people don't mind that some plugins in other AVs are only compatible with IE, Firefox, and Chrome. What about all other browsers that people may use, the "plugin feature" is useless to them. That is why more vendors should stop using plugins etc.. so the whole product works independent of what browser you happen to use.

When people ask me for such feature, I usually recommend WOT(despite all FP link ratings) or something similar that already is available for free. If they want a feature like this then they will have to live with that safe links get red tagged once in a while.

One of the reasons I use and like ESET is because there is no extensions and plugins involved. And I really really hope it stays that way!

Edited by SweX