I just switched to Kaspersky Internet Security

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I guess you asked the wrong questions  :P  ;)

So what about the Kaspersky license...going into the bin or what?  :D

Ill keep it handy to install for other family members :), or sell it if anyone's interested, the key has been activated yet, 3 years / 3 PCs

Yeah you can give it as present to someone you....love :wub:  or hate :rolleyes:  :P   I don't know   :lol:

or sell it if anyone's interested

Haha well, if you ask over at the Kaspersky forum i'm sure someone will bite if the price is good...below retail  ;)

Edited by SweX

I ditto the preference for a woldwide release and not the discriminatory method used at the moment

Cheers, though I am not sure discriminatory is what it is exactly, but it surely makes users confused and customers starts to wonder why they do it this way. And that alone shows that there are better ways to launch a new version. I mean ESET would surely prefer if their users would be excited about the new version Yayyyy!!!!, and not pissed because of a silly release schedule  :)

I like the way you put it :-) I agree

Cheers again.

Well I try to see it from the other side, that if ESET would have known that the pressure from current customers to get their hands on V7 after that they have found out that it had been released in Germany plus the other countries would be of this magnitude, getting angry over it, or changing to other products. Then they would probably never even have thought about a release schedule like this.  ^_^

Edited by SweX

Off-topic but I think it's worth mentioning, from my past experience with Kaspersky forums, I believe if a topic similar to this (e.g. I just switched to ESET Smart Security) was posted on Kaspersky forum, it would've been closed and probably deleted in matter of seconds.

Kudos to ESET staff for letting this discussion happen, freely, on their own forums.

@Tweak Arena, I'm glad you're finally satisfied now. :)

• ESET Insiders

Indeed TGW.

The benefit of letting the civil conversation continue was that Tweak Arena got the info they were looking for and I scored a little bit of info regarding Windows 8.1

Cheers.

Off-topic but I think it's worth mentioning, from my past experience with Kaspersky forums, I believe if a topic similar to this (e.g. I just switched to ESET Smart Security) was posted on Kaspersky forum, it would've been closed and probably deleted in matter of seconds. Kudos to ESET staff for letting this discussion happen, freely, on their own forums. @Tweak Arena, I'm glad you're finally satisfied now. :)

true, it is very wise and mature from the staff here to let this thread continue because I know in other forums if you complain about their product and say you are switching to some other solution, they would simply delete the thread immediately, but them leave it run enabled a good discussion and I eventually got to know that:

1) ESS 6 IS compatible with Windows 8.1 after the update

2) ESS 7 Beta will auto update to the final version when it's out so there's no need to wait and be afraid of corrupting the registry and having to do a clean install of Win 8.1 again

Off-topic but I think it's worth mentioning, from my past experience with Kaspersky forums, I believe if a topic similar to this (e.g. I just switched to ESET Smart Security) was posted on Kaspersky forum, it would've been closed and probably deleted in matter of seconds. Kudos to ESET staff for letting this discussion happen, freely, on their own forums. @Tweak Arena, I'm glad you're finally satisfied now. :)

Yeah, though that doesn't only happen on the Kaspersky forums from what I have seen. Some are very strict when it comes to discussions about the competition. 

Hello,

we do this staggered release to ensure highest possible quality of globally released product and also to fine tune our communication of it to our users. 

Internal QA and beta testing doesn't always reveal all possible issues and incompatibilities.

Regional release is targeting huge audience so we are quite sure that the product is ready for the release and the communication about it as well.

By the way the product will be released globally on October 16, but don't tell anyone ;-)

This has been some good discussion (and reading :P ). And thank you Peter! B)

Kaspersky is heavier on system resources than ESET.  I manage a real estate firm that uses it on all machines and the server.

The update process was a pain from v8 -> v10 as well.

I am glad the OP has came to his senses about the beta version and the release dates including the stability of products.

Another thing i would like to add for everyone in this discussion if it happened to pass you by including the OP ........

For some of you who have never had system administrator experience with an enterprise network, or sold products to the masses :

Releasing anything by deployment to 5,000,000 people is a lot harder to do than 5,000.

If there is a problem..... its easier to fix on 5,000.

If there is a quick update to patch something, its easier on 5,000

If you have to cancel or withdraw the release.....

If you made a mistake even by typo .....

Let us implement a management system to record, log, keep track of everything .... < 5,000

It would be a better business decision to test something out on a smaller group as a live scenario, then to blindly release and hope for the best to a multitude of people with a smaller grasp on authority and recovery.

We did this with the beta testing ... and guess what , we do it again on the live release just to make sure ......

You need experience and to have maintained a deployment of such a high capacity of items to understand the logic behind this rollout in stages.

Its a regular thing for IT, we have been haunted by it through bandwidth and technologies, " ....and we use it for our everyday decisions as well ".

Take small steps at a time.....

Thank you

Edited by Arakasi

• Administrators

Yeah, it's been a common practice to release products on smaller markets first so that potential fixes can be implemented before releasing it to larger markets. Although beta versions are tested thoroughly both internally and by thousands of beta testers, it's never possible to simulate all system and program configurations.

As for support for new operating systems or service packs, ESET has always offered support for them at the time they became available to the public. In the case of Windows 8.1 build 9600, HIPS module 1095 was released for all users on September 30 and Anti-Stealth module 1052 on September 9 and no known issues with Windows 8.1 have been reported yet.

But everyone doesn't accept, respect, and understand that, wich is why some people get angry about it, or just confused on the whole situation, unfortunately.  :( But explaining usually helps a bit  :)

Edited by SweX

Jumping ship because of a 15 day difference :unsure: . Just a tad impatient :wub:

you arrived late to the party. I suggest you read the entire thread and you will see that I was already provided with a solution instead of just posting nonesense

Hello,

we do this staggered release to ensure highest possible quality of globally released product and also to fine tune our communication of it to our users. 

Internal QA and beta testing doesn't always reveal all possible issues and incompatibilities.

Regional release is targeting huge audience so we are quite sure that the product is ready for the release and the communication about it as well.

By the way the product will be released globally on October 16, but don't tell anyone ;-)

Hello Peter Randziak

Peter thank you, for sharing this secret with us. But can't you withhold the final release to the 17'th, please. You see the 16'th is a really really bad choice, that date I have to, (forced to) go to a ultra extremely boring conference.So if you just hold back the international release to the 17th I would be grateful. I know you are the right man for the task.

Regards Janus, :D  :D

• Most Valued Members

Jumping ship because of a 15 day difference :unsure: . Just a tad impatient :wub:

you arrived late to the party. I suggest you read the entire thread and you will see that I was already provided with a solution instead of just posting nonesense

I agree , you should really ask a question before posting nonsence. Getting angry and typing nonsence on a public forum, when things don't work to your timescale wont get you anywhere.

;)

• Administrators

I agree , you should really ask a question before posting nonsence. Getting angry and typing nonsence on a public forum, when things don't work to your timescale wont get you anywhere.

We explained what was unclear and Tweak Arena apologized. We'll draw this thread to a close.