Ver. 10 Upgrade ????????

Per my most recent 'ESET Knowledgebase Support News' e-mail:

In-product upgrades to version 10.0.386.x are available for the following products:    ESET NOD32 Antivirus   ESET Internet Security   ESET Smart Security Premium   ESET Smart Security 
You will not receive a notification about these updates. Use…

OK ...... Care to finish the sentence Eset? I have been daily manually checking for an update to no avail.

• Most Valued Members

For what it's worth mine updated this morning on it's own. I'm in the upstate NY area. 

10 minutes ago, SCR said:

For what it's worth mine updated this morning on it's own. I'm in the upstate NY area. 

What version you using ESS, EIS or ESSP?

• Most Valued Members

Still stuck on 10.0.369.0 (ESSP) here in the UK. 

Did notice 386 has been downloadable from near the end of December via the website, but not via in-product for me.

2 hours ago, TomFace said:

I'm using ESS and located in NE Ohio area. And I just manually checked again ....... still no update. Weird since person in NY was updated.

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, TomFace said:

Using EIS on Windows 7 pro x64

13 hours ago, TomFace said:

I just check for the update and got it (ESS). I'm in Ohio as well. Not sure if it matters, but I am currently running pre-release updates.

Thanks. Switching to pre-release updates also allowed me to update to .386. However, this is not for the average user because ....

1. Switch update setting to pre-release updates. Eset immediately starts downloading those. Wait ...............

2. When pre-release updates complete, reboot. I always do a reboot as SOP after activity like this.

3. Check for product update. Eset says .386 available. Start update and wait ...........

4. Eset informs reboot is required to apply the update. Reboot.

5. Switch update setting back to regular updates. Eset immediately starts downloading those. Wait ...............

6. When regular updates complete, reboot. I always do a reboot as SOP after activity like this.

The above is reminiscent of the Chinese water torture method of software updating:( 

• Most Valued Members

My update setting for EIS Win7 Pro x64 was and is on pre-release. However my other system, Win 7 Premium x64, is not on pre-release and it updated EIS on it's own as well a few hours later. 

Perhaps it's just a slow roll out.

I am on Win 10 Home x64 ver. 1607.

I did notice that the .386 upgrade was different from previous ver. 9 upgrades in that it stated the upgrade would not be applied until after a reboot. The process was similar to WIN 10 updating activities.

-EDIT- Suspect the issue on Win 10 is that Eset's kernel is running at Level 0 and loaded via ELAM driver. Suspect Eset hasn't worked out the upgrade procedure yet when that feature is enabled.

Edited by itman

12 hours ago, SCR said:

My update setting for EIS Win7 Pro x64 was and is on pre-release. However my other system, Win 7 Premium x64, is not on pre-release and it updated EIS on it's own as well a few hours later. 

Perhaps it's just a slow roll out.

Hello, I'm confused here, I don't know how is the behaviour about program updates for ESET, you mean, it updated itself without notifications, or manually.

And, in general, also with major versions, the user must click in update in order to get the latest version? maybe that's why some friends are still in V8, I don't like that behaviour. Just saying. Thanks

• Administrators

A reboot is required when drivers are updated. Without a reboot, old drivers are loaded which may cause issues with newer version of the program.

• Most Valued Members
On 1/14/2017 at 11:10 PM, Huchim said:

Hello, I'm confused here, I don't know how is the behaviour about program updates for ESET, you mean, it updated itself without notifications, or manually.

And, in general, also with major versions, the user must click in update in order to get the latest version? maybe that's why some friends are still in V8, I don't like that behaviour. Just saying. Thanks

Eset v10.x updated without my intervention because I have given Eset permission to do so. Eset then notified me of the upgrade requiring a reboot for it to complete the install.

With regard to your friends on v8. I don't think you can update to v10.x over v8 although they should have been getting notification of the new version. I think that you have to uninstall v8 and then install v10.x manually. I'm pretty sure you can install v10.x over v9.x but it's always been my practice to do a clean install any time there is a major upgrade even if Eset could upgrade from in program. 

10 hours ago, SCR said:

Eset v10.x updated without my intervention because I have given Eset permission to do so. Eset then notified me of the upgrade requiring a reboot for it to complete the install.

That's the default behaviour? How I can do that? 

Thanks

• Most Valued Members

I got the latest update a while ago as an update program I used told me there was a new version even though eset didn't think there was and the changelog hadn't actually been updated. I just downloaded the live installer and it installed the newer version

• 2 weeks later...