Various Issues with Anti-Virus

Lukey

It started a few days ago I got an error message sating NOD was unable to update virus database and kept giving an error no matter what I did.

Then just yesterday I notice it come up with another error stating it was unable to communicate with Kernel.

Running a scan doesn't work, tried un-installing but it gives an error and cancels.

Thinking I might have something malicious on my computer, never really encountered anything like this.

If you need more information please let me know.

Thanks

Lukey, just curious, have you done a system restore lately? Also is your PC clock/calendar current? I am sure brighter minds than mine will chime in shortly... :rolleyes:

Almost forgot, hello and welcome.

Edited by TomFace

Are you able to run SysInspector ?

Run it and print out a log, view it and see if you notice anything suspicious.

A Mod might want to have a look at that log if you create one.

• Administrators

I'd suggest running a disk scan with ESET Online scanner first. If no malware is found, install ESET NOD32 Antivirus or ESET Smart Security from scratch and create install logs as per the instructions here. When done, send me the logs attached to a personal message.

Just a quick update, it has updated to the latest database and is no longer showing kernel error.

It has no moved onto " Analysis of application protocols will not function" An error occured while starting services. Analysis of application protocols (POP3, HTTP) will not function.

Under Setup "Web Access Protection" shows Non-Functional.

Pretty worried know that my web security has been knocked out.

About to start the online scanner as suggested and will move on to the other steps, thanks for the help so far guys.

Will update soon

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Online scanner found nothing. Will try a fresh install and record the logs.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message has been sent with log file. After restart same protocol error encountered.

Edited by Lukey