Unable to remove threats found

Help please!!

For the 3rd time in the last few days I've done a computer scan as I've always done in the past & ESET has found 21 threats. Unfortunately, as has happened this week, I'm not given the opportunity to either remove or quarantine the threats. When I bring up the log & right-click a threat  there is no option to remove or quarantine. This evening I gave up trying to use my desktop as it just wasn't responding & instead logged onto my laptop to try to resolve the issue; sadly I've been unable to remove the threats. 

• Administrators

Please provide me with the zip file generate by ESET Log Collector. For instructions, see the link to the appropriate KB in my signature. Also if possible, post a screen shot of the scanner window when the issue occurs.

Hi Marcos,

Here are screenshots:-

1. Scanner window

2. Highlighting a threat

3. Right-click options

I'll now sort out a zip file for you using your instructions.

Thank you

Christine 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Trying to attached Zip file generate by ESET Log Collector & am getting error message "1 file was larger than the maximum file size of 2.0000mb, and was skipped" 

Are all your log detections for "potentially unsafe applications" i.e. PUA's? If so, I am wondering about the below statement taken from the following Eset KB article:  http://support.eset.com/kb117/

Potentially unwanted applications

The detected threat might be classified by your ESET product as a potentially unwanted application (what is a potentially unwanted application?). When you installed ESET you were given the option to enable/disable the detection of potentially unwanted applications.

It is listed under the Special cases section for Scanning results.

I am wondering if Eset's realtime scanner is actually interpreting these detections as "potentially unwanted applications" and therefore not attempting any cleaning activity on them. I believe PUPs are only detected by the online web scanner at download time?

• Administrators

According to the log, the scan completed and a window like this with action selection for each of the detected PUA should have popped up:

ess10_scanner_cleaning_pua.png

On 1/2/2017 at 1:48 AM, TomFace said:

To scan and remove PUAs, I believe the cleaning level must be set to Strict cleaning as stated in KB117 and KB3505. hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3505/

Thanks Tom I'll set to "strict cleaning" before the next scan. 

On 1/1/2017 at 10:20 PM, itman said:

Are all your log detections for "potentially unsafe applications" i.e. PUA's? If so, I am wondering about the below statement taken from the following Eset KB article:  hxxp://support.eset.com/kb117/

Potentially unwanted applications

The detected threat might be classified by your ESET product as a potentially unwanted application (what is a potentially unwanted application?). When you installed ESET you were given the option to enable/disable the detection of potentially unwanted applications.

It is listed under the Special cases section for Scanning results.

I am wondering if Eset's realtime scanner is actually interpreting these detections as "potentially unwanted applications" and therefore not attempting any cleaning activity on them. I believe PUPs are only detected by the online web scanner at download time?

Thanks I'll check that link out too. 

On 1/2/2017 at 5:19 PM, Marcos said:

According to the log, the scan completed and a window like this with action selection for each of the detected PUA should have popped up:

ess10_scanner_cleaning_pua.png

:( I wasn't on my computer when it was scanning. It looks like I need to scan again & wait for the popup. Thank you Marcos. 

Many thanks everyone 

Christine xx

14 hours ago, TomFace said:

Christine please keep us posted with your progress. Also I'm a bit late, but welcome to the forum. Glad you are here.:) 

Will do Tom & thanks for the welcome. I hadn't even known there was a forum until this current issue :huh: 

I've checked all my ESET settings & most were correct apart from the "cleaning" which was only set to normal but is now set to strict. I've just started a scan & will stay on the computer whilst it does it .... fingers crossed!! 

Yayee it's working. It's cleaning threats as it finds them :)  Thank you so much everyone for your help!! I'll check the ESET settings on my laptop  later & get hubby to do the same xx