Internet Security 10 causes download corruption on Windows 10 Pro 14965

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I have been experiencing image/audio and downloaded file corruptions in recent Windows 10 Slow Ring insider builds. Other people in the Windows 10 Feedback tool mentioned they also had Eset Nod32 or Internet Security installed.

Disabling realtime, web and network security didn't help, but after deinstallation I can again download without files becoming corrupt.

I saw similar issues with a hotfix back in the Windows 7 timeframe, but that hotfix doesn't apply to Windows 10.

• Administrators
  • Solution

As far as I know, build 14965 is available only on fast ring and the issue you're reporting is caused by a bug in that IP build that was already reported to Microsoft.

Marcos, I have this problem too downloading with IDM. Same WN Build. No problem, though, when I uninstall Eset and use, e.g. WN Defender, Bitdefender, Avira, or Sophos. If, as you say, it's a Build problem why do these A/V progs download without any issues? Is it something about the way Eset protects which differs and

the Windows Build? Also, I am on the Slow Ring but, like Jesse, I have 14965.

• Administrators

I've learned that Microsoft has already fixed the bug. Not sure if it's already fixed in 14981; we're going to test it tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI. I've run WN10 Bld 14986 for a couple of days. Uninstalled Eset IS v.10.0.369.0 with Revo and RegCrawler then resinstalled. There are no problems, so far, downloading rar (or any other) files.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, glugy said:

But Eset not suport windows insiders,no ?

There's no unequivocal answer to your questions. With Insider Preview builds, modules should work at least in a limited protection mode. However, this cannot be guaranteed due to substantial changes between IP builds and possible bugs that can be introduced in newer builds.