ESET Smart Security crashing Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Build 1607)

I have just upgraded to Windows 10 Build 1607 (Anniversary Update). While upgrade edevmon.sys was creating BSODs so I removed ESET and upgraded to Build 1607. But when I tried to install it again, (using installer downloaded via eset official site) crashes started all over again. I was forced to uninstall ESET to get system running all over again.

I am getting SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error.

Caused by: edevmon.sys

I am attaching screenshot that gives more detail about error.

Kindly help, so that I can again start using ESET.

post-13237-0-94070800-1470666949_thumb.png

• Administrators

I'm afraid that a minidump won't help. We'd need to get at least a kernel or better complete memory dump from BSOD. BSOD would occur on system startup if edevmon is registered in the system but the actual driver file does not exist on a disk.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem with 1067 and Eset Andpoint Antivirus for Business 6.4.2014.2

If we activate the media controll (USB controll) -> do a restart -> bluescreen with same driver.

Please fix.

I don't know if ESET is causing this but I have a problem with the 1067 update now for a week or so.  Update loads up but will not or can not install them.  Kind of holds my computer hostage as it keeps uploading but not installing.  KOR-

Adding:  My Wi-Fi connection is also dropping and perhaps because of Windows trying to update.  Don't know but thought I would mention it.  KOR-

Edited by KOR

You may have disabled a required windows update service in services. Restore services to defaults and have another try and rule out what you need and dont in services

Blackviper site has win 10 service configurations so you know what to set as, his tweaked version of config will also update fine from microsoft if you want to use that for a bit of extra proformance.

If eset is uninstalled and you are blocked also check windows firewall rules for svchost.exe. it will be needed to access the net to get updates so make sure its not blocked or something

• Administrators

The best would be if you could configure the OS to generate complete memory dumps and then reproduce the crash. The only known crash on Windows 10 AU is caused by changes made to AU and occurs after enabling Device Control provided that a Hyper-V service is running. This will be addressed in future builds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Please configure Windows to generate complete memory dumps and reproduce the crash. When done, compress the dump, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link. The only known BSOD on Windows 10 are caused by changes in Windows 10 AU when a Hyper-V service is running.

The best would be if you could configure the OS to generate complete memory dumps and then reproduce the crash. The only known crash on Windows 10 AU is caused by changes made to AU and occurs after enabling Device Control provided that a Hyper-V service is running. This will be addressed in future builds.

Hello,

Yes, after disabling device control, ESET is running fine. Waiting for this bug to be fixed. Thanks!!!