ESS Log shows 27 inbound TCP packet blocks from IP belonging to ESET?

Greetings again,

Today seems to be turning into a strange one.  I just now noticed in the Troubleshooting Log where ESS made 27 inbound TCP packet blocks from IP address:  91.228.166.47 all at once.  The IP belongs to ESET itself in Slovakia!  The reason given for the block:  "TCP packet not belonging to any open connection".  I'm a bit bewildered. :unsure:

Questions:

1.  Is there some explanation for this seemingly strange event?

2.  Should I UNBLOCK this item, since the packets appear to be coming from ESET?

Thanks for any info!

Pete

Edited by spc3rd

Regarding this and your other posting today about 95 incoming udp connections being blocked, I personally feel your network adapter settings are "hosed."

Here's a guide to how to reset them in Win 7: https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=37620 . You can search the web for like instructions for Win 8 and 10 if you are using one of those versions.

Additionally, the issue might be with your router and that might have to also be reset.

You might also contact Eset technical support to see if they can be of assistance.

Much obliged for the info you provided, itman.

I've briefly reviewed the info at the link you provided.  Given the increasing difficulty I seem to have in trying to understand all the technical stuff, I'll just throw in the towel and leave things as they are, and not post about these issues here again.  

I'd done extensive reading of the ESS user's guide before I even tried out the trial version, and even after purchasing a license.  The very first post I made here was to inquire if ESS required a lot of tweaking or one which would function effectively with the default settings it installs with.  I'd also inquired elsewhere about ESET'S ease of use.  From the responses I received, my impression was that ESS would be relatively simple to use. 

Perhaps age and deteriorating health have just taken too much of a toll...to the point I am no longer able to adequately understand all the intricacies of increasingly-complex security software. 

In any case...I thank you for your time and patience in trying to help me out.

Best.

Pete

Edited by spc3rd

• Most Valued Members

As far as I know Eset SS can be as easy as you want to make it by using the Default out of the box settings.

On the other hand if you are technically inclined you can tweak it to your hearts content.