My device Locked in Phantom Account

Hello,

my friend tried the anti - theft feature in my.eset.com and it works but he don't know what to do and then he uncreate the phantom user in my.eset.com but he still login to john account. after that he click i recovered my device but it still use the phantom account. tried to restart after several minutes didn't help.

then in the phantom account he tried to disabled the anti theft now the anti -theft in my.eset.com didn't show the device. can anybody show how to recovered to the normal state. because he's getting frustrated.

login to admin in safe mode didn't help because somehow admin login password has changed after john pantom active

EDIT :

Nevermind, my friend able to get normal account back after long process..

Edited by hari.senen

• 1 month later...

I got the same *John* Phantom Account.  Does anyone know why it was created?  Do I need to alert eset to this, and if so how?  Or do I just let it go since it was created after updating eset?

• Administrators

I got the same *John* Phantom Account.  Does anyone know why it was created?  Do I need to alert eset to this, and if so how?  Or do I just let it go since it was created after updating eset?

It's created when Anti-Theft is enabled.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Can you please tell us how did your friend log out of the phantom account, I have same problem, I am locked in and can't get out. Could you tell me the steps?

• Administrators

Can you please tell us how did your friend log out of the phantom account, I have same problem, I am locked in and can't get out. Could you tell me the steps?

Do you mean that you can log only into the phantom account? Did you mark the device as missing in the Anti-theft portal? Please drop me a pm with your registration email address to my.eset.com as well as the name of the device which is "locked" in case you have more devices registered in the AT portal.