ESET ENDPOINT SECURITY 6.2.2033.2 Released

I misread the title and thought it was a newer version of ERA :( I was halfway through downloading the all_in_one.iso before I realized the changelog didn't look any different...

Good luck on the upgrade dlaporte.

Well

I created my new GPO to upgrade versions (6.1.2222.0, 6.1.2227.0,6.2.2021.0)

Applied on 3 machines

we shall see...

Changelog

Version 6.2.2033.x

Added: Search field for long lists and rules (for example, Antispam list, Web control list, etc.)
Added: Plugin for Office 2016
Fixed: Incorrect parameters displayed in overview when creating scheduled task in Scheduler with weekly repetition on Windows 10
Fixed: Firewall profile not overtaken during migration from ESET Endpoint Security 5 to ESET Endpoint Security 6
Fixed: SSL Certificates not overtaken after MSI upgrade from ESET Endpoint Security 5 to ESET Endpoint Security 6
Fixed: Second scan of removable media does not start​ when started from notification
Fixed: Web control switch indicates enabled status after permanently disabling Web access
Fixed: Scan logs not present if product is installed in folder with non-Latin characters or folders with diacritics
Fixed: Web access protection not working after application is repaired with MSI package on Windows 7 x64 SP1
Fixed: Problems with reactivating product using offline license file without username and password
Fixed: Activation fails after reactivation with offline license
Fixed: Clicking the Default button does not return Device control to default 

Fixed: Plugin for Microsoft Outlook 2003 is not correctly integrated
Fixed: Revert to default in Personal firewall does not work as expected
Fixed: Missing “add” button for SSL certificates in Czech version of Endpoint
Fixed: Shutdown after scan does not work as expected in German version of Endpoint
Fixed: Minor text modifications
Fixed: Minor user experience fixes

Interestingly enough ERAS shows an update available (using PUSH at 6.2.2033.2)

I need the .msi so I can edit it first and noticed the .msi that you download from eset is 6.2.2033.0??

How can I get the MSI that is at 6.2.2033.2?

If I'm piloting the new version..I want to make sure I have the new version....

No answer from ESET huh?

Doesnt surprise me.

So I will tell you my findings..

ESET pushed to a PC through ERAS - Installs 6.2.2033.0 (even though it says it is package 6.2.2033.2!)

ESET downloaded from Website shows version as 6.2.2033.0

AS far as I can tell

1. THERE IS NO 6.2.2033.2!

2. They didn't change the version number in the MSI

3. Why am I still using this product!!

So annoyed!

post-6545-0-25128700-1447876443_thumb.png

post-6545-0-13734500-1447876620_thumb.png

Edited by dlaporte

Hi Gonzalo,

I'm not sure that the last digit is the language since I have 6.2.2021.0 on all my other machines and the agent versions have always ended in 0.

they are all English.

The issue is that I have the most updated version installed on my pilot PC's and when I check in ERAS I am being told there is a newer version (6.2.2033.2)!

That is what I was trying to show in the screenshots.

The one I took with the MSI editor is just to show what version they are showing in the actual MSI

Possibly they just forgot to edit the highlighted areas from 6.2.2033.0 to 6.2.2033.2...

• ESET Staff

Hi,

I'm not sure that the last digit is the language since I have 6.2.2021.0 on all my other machines and the agent versions have always ended in 0.

they are all English.

I visit ESET.com (international) and when I try to download the Agent says Language universal, that will be the explanation

for the zero and no other number.

From the download page:

Version: 6.2.190.0, Size: 59.5 MB
  File name: Agent_x64.msi

The issue is that I have the most updated version installed on my pilot PC's and when I check in ERAS I am being told there is a newer version (6.2.2033.2)!
That is what I was trying to show in the screenshots.

I see now and don't an answer for that. Perhaps @Marcos from ESET can show some light on that.

• ESET Moderators

To summarize, the download server may display 6.2.2033.2 (or .1, .3 etc.) but the ERA Web Console may display a different .X number. 

X.X.X.0 and X.X.X.2 in an application layer is the same, so it is a mistake between ERA Web Console and the version check servers, which i am told they are going to fix. Rest assured, you are getting the latest version at this time (I have confirmed). 

I will update this thread (or my post if I receive other information contradicting in some way what I've said) when I receive further information.  

• ESET Moderators

UPDATE: 

1. We are working to update the "installed apps report" to display the correct version. 

2. For reference, here are the current build numbers:

Release Date:
Tue, Nov 3, 2015

Build Information:
EES/EEA 6.2.2033.0 ENU
EES/EEA 6.2.2033.1 All other languages
EES/EEA 6.2.2033.2 PTB
EES/EEA 6.2.2033.3 ETI

Gonzalo,

It appears you were indeed correct about the version number.

Thanks for the quick support this morning ESET!

Caleb and Chris did an excellent job with following up.

Dante'