Activescan makes windows unusable

Hi,

I have scheduled a few scans weekly, and when they are running I can't do anything with the computer, everything takes so long, even youtube video's have frames drops.

My PC has half a year, I know it's not a super pc, but it shouldn't feel like a pentium 4. Here are the specs of my PC:

post-9203-0-65321900-1444551395_thumb.png

I was hoping you could help me out, I've been using ESET for a quite long time and I'm very satisfaied with it. I'm running the latest Smart Security 8.0.319.1.

I have search a bit and I've only found hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2909/#idlestate that could be helpful, I could replace the scheduled task for idle scans. Anyway, I wanted to ask if this slow behaviour is normal or if there is a way to fix it.

Thank you for your time.

• Administrators

I don't understand why you run several scans at once. Leave just one scan scheduled and run it once a month which should be enough (personally I never schedule scans). Also make sure that you have LiveGrid enabled so that 100% clean files are skipped.

• Most Valued Members

maybe you have configured something wrong in teh scans. it's normal for the pc to be a little bit slow when a scan is taking place, but not so slow.

i suggest to remove all custom scheduled scans and leave it as is.