Setting up and Testing (Alerts & Notification)

Hello,

I am looking for a way to test if my emails are being sent for alerts and notification. Like maybe a test run, fake virus, or something to make sure I have everything set up right.

I have 10 client computers and I do not want to set up my cfg file , push it out and hope it works.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks for the help, but I was interested in the cfg file editing for each client.  There is an Alerts & Notification area that will notify with an email from each client when a virus is detected.

I have attached a picture of the area I am talking about, thanks for the help.

Ryan

post-1167-0-78374800-1373580415_thumb.jpg

• ESET Staff

I see, one thing you could try is to download the Eicar maleware test file using one of the machines on your network and see whether notifications are sent. This is a file that is not harmful to your computers, but will be detected as malware by security software, it is distributed for the purpose of testing.

The link i have sent you will take you to the download page for the file. In the upper right you'll see a link to the "Intended use" page, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the terms of use before you download the file.